• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • 4:e Maj

I've been her 10 years. It minimum 6,5 years if you are not married and 5,5 if married.

• Pomodoro

With both Sweden and UK being in the EU, does it matter what citizenship you have? I want to stay swedish and my h2b english. What advantages are there in being a citizen of the country you live in, apart from the right to vote for example? If we have children they could have both, right?

• tree

future mrs B
    so what si your dress like? big and white? or simple and red?!!
    teh double name seems to a very common way of solving the name issue... ours would be weird... mine is VERY english and his VERY swedish!

4:e Maj
    i thought there was a 5 year rule too but a guy at work thinks that that doesnät apply if you are married... i will look into it. we plan try and start a family soon afte the wedding so it'd be nice to have the same 'nationality' as them... also it was a bummer to be able to vote this summer!

good luck with teh dress shopping! have you tried any at all yet? wants some tips?

Pomodoro
    children have either that of the mother or father i think. i think applying for swedish citizenship though is sensible since i plan to stay in sweden my whole life... and it's also another symbol of committment to my m2b!

• tree

Pomodoro
    are you of a swinglish pairing? which are you, where do you live, where will you marry and where do you plan to live after the wedding?!

Not much of a difference, as far as I know, apart from the voting and that you can't work in certain goverment departments.
    You can have both and so can your children (my nephew is swedish, english and australian). I just want english citizenship when we have children to ensure that in case the law change we can't be seperated. Yes, a bit paranoid perhaps but you never know these days. As it's currently so easy to obtain why not!

• tree

exactly why not... i also thought about the law changing or EU changing in the future...

• tree

4:e maj
    also it was a bummer NOT! to be able to vote this summer!

terri - it's 5.5 years for me to get a british citizenship, phoned imigration a few months ago and they adviced me to wait until married (only 5.5 months left) as it was so much less paperwork. Not sure what it requires to become swedish.

• tree

so, an update perhpas?

NuÄrDetDags Karolstad 17/03-07
    4:e maj london 04/05-07
    future mrs B Malmö 16/06-07
    terri stockholm 18/08-07
    Nattsan Skokloster 25/08-07
    Billa Västerås date?
    pomodoro ? ?

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?