• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • tree

OOPS...

The English Shop i söderhallen... perfect for decaf tea, haywards silverskin pickled onions and english sausages! mmm...

• tree

sorry 4:e Maj ... just saw yoru questions...

i work as a hospital physicist. i got the job before we moved here. i think my employers were convinced of my interest in working here becasue i had a swedish boyfriend and i explained that we had been together for several years. i even stated that reason to come in my application letter! i think that seemed to take away any doubts they may have had.

it is hard to learn swedish, but now it goes fine... you can see all the other chat threads... my grammar is pretty rubbish, but then i haven't taken a course since the spring so i have picked up some bad habits... i took a basic course at UCL before i came here and then i have taken 3 more courses, skipping 1 or 2 along the way. working with swedish poeple really helps...as does chatting here in swedish and meeting other brides for fika!... (but i felt that an english thread was needed too! hehe )

we lived together in london for 2.5 years before we came to sweden (after we had met while studying in switzerland). it was certainly easier then for my m2b to go to england since he already ahd the langugae and i could only say Hej... i couldn't even say his name properly then! haha

• future mrs B

you do go a bit nutty over your food, there is nothing like salty liquorice!!!

• tree

ooohh... yuk!

that stuff contaminates everything esle in the goody bag! me and m2b have to ahve seperate bags!! hahaha

• future mrs B

ha ha still remember the first time my m2b tried djungel vral, ha ha ha so funny! when we go home and buy sweets we also have seperate bags! there is a lot of englishfood I still dont like. luckily m2b likes my swedish cooking...

• 4:e Maj

Thanks and sorry again for being so nosy. I've lived in london myself for 10 years but make sure I go to sweden 3-4 times a year as it's so close and relatively cheap.
    I often, especially when in sweden, think about that it must be like for foreigners who have moved there (by choice) as I sometimes feel a bit forign myself having not lived there for so many years.

Which english wedding traditions are you going to keep/do away with?

• future mrs B

since m2b is catholic,
    my dad is walking with me to the alter
    m2b,bestman& m2b dad are having morning suits
    we are kissing in the church

but we wont keep the english weddingcake...

• tree

no probs!
    my dad will walk me down the 'isle' rather than going with m2b and i will arrive last with my dad in a rolls royce!

i think we will have round tables at the dinner rather than this big E or C shaped tables...

we will be open to more speeches a la suede! (rather than just groom, dad and bestman)

i will have a veil... already bought with dress!... but havenöt decided if i will cover my face as tradition yet... hhmm...

not sure what other 'english' traditions there are?... have i forgotten something?!

• tree

do both dads have the same suit as groom and bestman then? i thought it was just father of the bride since he was in the actual 'wedding party'. we were wondering about this the other day...

i would like a tiered wedding cake... but i think princesstårta would be much nicer!

m2b here now to collect me from work... what a ncie friday afternoon work that was! hehe chat again later!

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?