• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • tree

mmm i was just reading the skatteverket webpage about applying for the hindersprövning and that says it applies to swedish citizens only... but then goes on to say that foreigners living in sweden have to do it too... hmmm... i think a phone call to skatteverket could be useful just to verify that we brits don't need the consult paper too!...

• Nattson

ok I have to call skatteverket... The things you have to do eaven if you have lived here your whole life. Amazing...

• NuÄrDetDags

I have another question regarding Swedish vs. English traditions: the veil. As far as I have understood it, in England it covers your face (first at least ;)), in Sweden you usually wear it only on the back of your head, if you know what I mean. Is that right so far? I will most likely not have one at all but *if* I'd probably go for the English version to 'surprise' my h2b.

Another thing I have been thinking of is the festprogram (again, oh, I want to play with that! Work is boring!). I thought of adding sort of an 'open love letter' to my h2b to it, also as a surprise for him (is it obvious that I like to surprise him? 8)). Something like "My dear husband, blabla?".

By the way, don't know if it is very inspiring for you girls but this is our wedding web site: www.joliwed.info.

• tree

NuÄrDetDags
    the veil... it's not a english/swedish thing... the veil covering the face is what the veil is designed for... it's a symbol of innocence and being unseen/untouched!... in sweden they haven't used it much at all, but it is more common again now but more as an assessory so many chose to wear it just at the back... according tot he lady in the wedding store here anyway!

i want to start on the invitation text, but this needs input from my m2b to discuss the tone we want etc... and is very busy at work lately... feels a bit crap actually, but oh well... soon christmas and then i'll have him all to myslef! anyway, perhpas i shoudl just start writing some examples in differnt ways... in english... swedish ones can come afterwards! we plan to send them in the mother langugae of each guest!

i discussed the contents of a fest program yesterday and he agreed to everything... hhmm... men!

i am also fed up at work!... i guess the world can tell by how much chatting we do!

nice idea with the love letter for you m2b... would he be embarrassed for all your guests to read it too?

• tree

i havenöt decided about the veil...i think itäs quite romantic but i would want to be able to look at olof prperly when we say our vows... do you think it would be weird if i uncovered it for the vows rather than waiting until afterwards?

• NuÄrDetDags

Personally I would remove it from my face (or let my h2b remove it) as soon as I arrive at his side, I want him to see me when he marries me. :D

We did that too (wrote the invitations in every guests language), thus we had Swedish, English and German invitations. I wrote everything and had my h2b to correct the English ones. Unfortunately, spelling is not his strongest side, so I had to double check what he checked with a dictionary again. :D The festprogram is going to be fun: more to check and more to double check...

The letter thing: Well, after all the guests hear our vows, can't think of anything more personal one can say in front of other people at the moment... If I decide to go for a letter I would chose a similar wording I guess. But it is still just an idea...

I am sitting here in front of a new huge project and I just can't force myself to go on with it. Chatting about wedding is much more fun!

• future mrs B

why dont you walk down the isle with the veil covering your face and then let your h2b uncover it straight away-that we you can have the veil and look at people...

• tree

yes i think that sounds like the perfect compromise with the veil!

i am supposed to be reading an article about a new project starting up at work too.. cnaät face it eaither... wedding planning is much more fun! hehe...

• tree

and i still have 8.5 months left to go! hehe

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?