• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • future mrs B

Nattson

I bought my dress all ready, will pick it up Saturday. Can't wait!!! Got a duvetcover to hang it in. now I can look at it everyday. my family is coming over for Christmas so I can try it on and show my mum and sister...

• tree

future mrs B
    how exciting! i wish i could show my mum! m2b's familt come next weekend though so i might show his mum!

• Nattson

future mrs B, how exiting to see what your mum and sister thinks of the dress!!

Can´t wait untill it´s my turn. :)

• future mrs B

I know, just thinking about it makes me want to cry happy tears. I did send them a photo but its not the same. at the mo I am so homesick and cry if anyone says anything or looks strange at me...

• tree

future mrs B
    oh dear! poor you... but it is not long now till xmas and you will see evrybody!

i also feel a little homesick recently. i miss having my good old freinds around, especially now with the wedding planning and stuff... and it would be so nice to have my parents around to discuss things with the wedding and show my mum my dress. i try to speak to them at least once per week using skype... they won't see my dress until they come over for the wedding next august!

i'm so tired this afternoon, iäts so grey outside... really it's like lonodn, except that it is already dark. i look forward to the snow coming and brightening everything up again!..and the skiing...

• future mrs B

thanks for cheering me up, it comes and goes, but like you say, not long know... only 24 days left

I guess I should be happy its sunny and nice. the wind pinches my cheeks-reminds me of home...

• NuÄrDetDags

Oh, homesickness is awful. Can't you call your family tonight when you come home? And maybe you can get some Glögg and Pepparkakor?

As I still lived in Germany I had Skype contact almost on a daily basis to my family, mainly my parents. Actually, that hasn't changed much although they only live down the hill. :D

Other than in Stockholm the sun has been shining here the whole day. Well, ok, now it is dark but I don't mind - time to switch on all the candle holders.

• Nattson

Dear future mrs B, I know the feeling...

But it´s not long to go now and we are all here to give you a pepp talk when you need one! :)

• tree

is anyone doing something enoyable just now? i just packed my bag... i will leave in about 25 mins to go home and look at my dress... that'll make me smile! and then i think i will have some glogg and pepparkakor!

• NuÄrDetDags

Right now? Yes - reading here! :) But not for much longer, have to do some shopping for dinner and then the litter boxes want to be cleaned...

It's a shame we all don't live closer to eachother. I bet we all could have a funny night out with our partner, chatting about swenglish things and homesickness!

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?