• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • NuÄrDetDags

Yep, we get it from the Ambassy in Gothenburg. My h2b phoned them and it didn't sound too complicated. Will probably go there in January. With that paper we then apply for the Swedish hindersprövning.

• future mrs B

registry office, cant remember what the certificate is called though..

• tree

aha! so simple... the hinderprovning...that we get from skatteverket...is that 3 months before the wedding?... so perhpas i should go to the british embassy a month or 2 before that?

• Nattson

NuÄrDetDags - good plans for the fest program!!

We will also have:
    * welcome and thank you
    * guest presentation and seating arrangement
    * menue
    * lyrics to the songs we are going to sing during the dinner.
    I don´t think we will have so many songs, maby two or three..

• NuÄrDetDags

That is what we are planning to do: Get this English document about 2 months before the wedding and then take that to Skatteverket. We were told we have to visit Skatteverket personally to sign everything in front of them - silly, but ok then.

• tree

www.britishembassy.se/consular/sweden.php

this suggests that i can apply directly for the hindersproving from skatteverket IF i have lived here for 2 years... that won't be until end of april next year... thats still 4 months before the wedding...

for any others out there... if your m2b hasnät lived here long enough it says you apply for the cert. of no inpediemnt through the consulate and the diplay somehting fro 21 days, and then it can be issued to take to skatteverket

ok, seems to be straight forward enough...

• Nattson

I´m a british citizen, so no swedish passport. But I´v lived here in Sweden all the time exept for maby 6mts. So I only have to fill in the hindersprövning then. Thats a relif...

• future mrs B

we are going home end of march to go to Skatteverket-getting married 16 of june so that gives us 2.5months- 2w before it expires... phew

• tree

teh webpage above says that the hindersprovning is valid for 4 months... thats a bit better!

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?