• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
  • NuÄrDetDags (snart Mrs. 170307)

4:e Maj:
    "H2b's cousin lets me have a look in hers as long as I don't re-gift it to their side of the family."

Yes, we will probably do something like that if we end up with too much "rubbish". And I don't think it is mean if people just don't listen or refuse to give their idea a second thought - if the one that something is being given to is the person for that kind of present. Of course I appreciate the gesture of a present and I would never ever question it's usefulness in front of the donor but well, what do we have a basement for?

Shopping in London is unfortunately something I can't help with. I know some nice pubs and restaurants though.

• tree

4:e Maj
    check our debenhams... i think they had something sounding like that in satin when i looked in november... good prices too... you could also try monsoon... i saw a knee length one on their website... i'll find the link...

• tree

re-gifting! excellant idea... i should do that in the future!

• Speckledust

Thanks Tree for informing me about the new thread

The prices of stamps to Europe has increased so much since I've been here. When I first came here 6½ years ago they were 6kr & now 11kr, it's daylight robbery! Just to put you at ease a little Tree I've sent out mail with the the older price on a number of occasions & they've always arrived in the UK as normal(write a lot of letters to my nearest & dearest back home). I'm sure the post office expect that it will take a while before everyone knows of the change & they do honour the postage! I'd be very surprised if they were sent back to you.

We sent our invites out in November to our UK guests & so far we only have 6 official acceptances. Most people seem to think that because they have flights booked they don't need to send a written confirmation. We've told people on the phone that we'd still like a formal acceptance from them, as a keepsake, but we're still waiting, so good luck to everyone in getting those acceptances as it's like getting blood out of a stone

• tree

Speckledust

comforting news there!

really bad of the guests! it's be really hard to keep track of everybody's verbal repsonses... hmm... perhpas i should add a comment on our webpage... explain that it is important and as they rsvp they can also specify food allergies etc...

• 4:e Maj

tree - thanks. Found a nice dress on the Debenham's website which I went to look at on Saturday. It was unfortunately not as nice in real life...
    There is a lovely one at Monsoon but a little bit price at £160 - wasn't planning to spending more than £100 (she is 13 so we are paying). She is getting a Tiffany's bracelet as a present.

I put post-it notes with names on items I plan to re-gift to avoid any embarrasment. Got my mum to start a box to and hers is almost full...

• Miss Cykel

Hi there!

I'm new here, but I'm just wondering if this is a "tråd" (English word?) for English people in Sweden or Swedish people in England? :)

I'm Swedish, marrying a Swedish guy but we're living in London and I'd like so meet some brides over here! :) Are there any more Londoners here?

I strongly suspect that some of our guests that have book flight tickets beleive that there is no need to RSVP.

Miss Cyckel - Welcome!

I'm Swedish but have lived in London for the last 10 years!

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2