• NuÄrDe­tDags (snart Mrs. 170307­)
    Äldre 26 Feb 09:18
    52569 visningar
    377 svar

Engelska brudar 2

Just noticed that the other thread has been closed... Great...

Hope you all find the way to this one!

The old thread:
    www.brollopstorget.se/Forum-1-21/m1966367.html

• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
    Äldre 1 Mar 20:43

Speckledust: Yes, I think it is amazing what they charge you extra for when the embassy is involved and then: there is not even a painting of the Queen in the building! Tried to get through to the police today to get some information on how to get a new passport after the wedding - after 10 minutes on hold I hung up. Will try it tomorrow again.

In Stockholm, after we went to the embassy, we went to the hotel and my h2b was moaning about being hungry. As I wanted to do what women do, wash my hands, change shirt,..., I gave him a chocolate bar and asked him to keep quite for five minutes. Well, it was a chocolate bar with nuts and as I came out from the bathroom he had lost a front tooth... Actually a second one, the first one was supposed to be fitted in some days later (which it was, we just had to start from point A again). Don't know, there is something wrong with his teeth... Ah, well, but now it is sorted and they are all back where they belong.

And with the ring, it was not really a trick. I actually had decided against a solitaire ring but as I tried tree's engagement ring to mine it just looked perfect - so I had to get one as wedding ring.

tree: What are you going to do when you have to go to the loo with wedding dress and underskirt? One thing I always have been wondering about (and I don't have an underskirt so I will never know if I don' ask ).

My hair extensions came today!! No, actually they came yesterday but I couldn't pick them up before today. I am going to try to glue them to my head under the week end, that's going to be an experience.
    If someone is interested in really cheap, good quality hair I recommend: www.hairtrade.com/

I ordered last Friday and yesterday they arrived: www.hairtrade.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_33/products_id/57

The meeting with the waiters went well, I think. They know when to be where and what we expect. Think it will work quite fine (another point sorted!).

So, almost time for a glass of wine and 'Medium'.

Äldre 1 Mar 20:44

Can't believe I wrote that much... Well, happy reading.

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 1 Mar 22:01

Taken from Embassy link

British Citizens Getting Married in Sweden

To be able to marry in Sweden there should be no impediment to your marriage according to Swedish law.
    A certificate that confirms this can be ordered from Skatteverket, if you have lived in Sweden for more than two years. When the wedding has taken place, the registrar (vigselförrättare) informs the tax authorities, Skatteverket.

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 1 Mar 22:11

Tree, glad you were pleased with the underskirt & yes you'll definately need help from someone. Tried to do it all myself a few weeks ago & gave up. Luckily one of my bridesmaids was visiting us two weeks ago so she helped me

No more chocolate for your M2B then Nuärdetdags! Not until after the wedding at least Glad you decided on the solitaire ring, there's not so many Swedish women with them I've noticed & that way you cater for both cultures, although I'm sure English people will assume your wedding ring is your engagement ring

I think going to the loo will be easier with an underskirt. I'm hoping you can kind of lift the hoop over the top of the toilet, like a tent effect & ta da do your business. Was a bridesmaid last year & two of us had to go in with the bride to lift her dress up when she needed to loo. Not very graceful but we've all been friends since we were 12 (We had a laugh)

Äldre 2 Mar 04:58

Speckledust: No, no chocolate (at least with nuts) and he is also not allowed to eat apples or carrots - in case he breaks another one!

You are right. H2b's family first thought we had got married as they saw my engagement ring, they were just confused he is not wearing one (and that they hadn't been invited). Also the jeweller in England where Jon bought the ring said 'but you know that that is a wedding ring'. Well, after the wedding there will hopefully be no more misunderstandings.

• tree
    Äldre 2 Mar 08:42

Speckledust
    excellant... thanks for the quote... i'll wait till after may then to apply fro my hindersprovning!

i was very confused when i firts met swedes who were engaged... even the man wears a band so to us brits it really does look like they r married!..

i also think it'äll be easier with the underskirt... there is lots of room in theee as spekeldust says... it's a bit like a tent... hopefully enough room for a toilet! hehe... and maybe i'll need help from my bridesmaids... ic hecked out the oilet facilities... the ones near the fest room are quite small... no way my dress would fit in there... but there is a large diabled one on the ground floor so i'm told!... that'll be for me then!

m2b was very surpised by the size of the underskirt when i tried it on last night... i did tell him my dress was big! hahaha ... and thats why i HAD to have a rolls royce to take me to the wedding!... i simply wouldn't fit in a regular car! hahahaha any excuse! hehe! kind of true though...

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 2 Mar 09:37

Tree do you have a picture of this humungous dress you're going to wear.I'm intrigued now! Would be nice to see what all of your dresses look like actually

Äldre 2 Mar 10:13

Speckledust:
    Here you can 'look behind the curtains'.
    www.joliwed.info/bakomkulisserna/

H2b has just approved the English wedding-ceremony-program (don't know what that is in English, vigselprogram)! So, now I can translate that into Swedish and German and then that's done!!

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 2 Mar 11:25

I love your dress! I always dreamed of a dress like yours actually, but when my M2B proposed & I started looking at dresses I decided on a lilac one, this narrowed the choice of dresses quite drastically but I finally found one in America & I'm happy with my choice , a little different anyway www.thebridalshop.com/Forever_Yours/35214.htm

M2B's aunty has made a lilac veil to go with it too

Wedding ceremony program is correct

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 2 Mar 11:28

What colour will your bridemaids be wearing too? Mine will have a paler shade of lilac. I know you don't generally have the bridesmaids wearing the same colour as the bride but I've already broke tradition by not wearing white

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2