• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
  • NuÄrDetDags (snart Mrs. 170307)

Speckledust: Beautiful!! I really like that colour! 'Unfortunately' my h2b is far too traditional when it comes to these things - he would have had a heart attack if I had chosen something not white (or ivory in my case).

I haven't got a clue what my brides maid will wear. I am sure she will choose something she feels comfortable in, I really don't care. I am quite sure she won't turn up in jeans.

• Speckledust

Ah that's right in Sweden the bridemaids buy their own dresses don't they! I think this is quite a good idea as you can then choose something you like & would possibly wear again. Tradition in the UK is that the the bride & groom take this cost & choose the dresses, normally all matching. My sister decided what dresses they would wear so I didn't have to faff around deciding, I just had to hand over the credit card

I think the 'Swedish way' is that you pay for the dresses if you expect them to wear certain dresses, otherwise they should be happy about being chosen and get their own stuff.

The brides maid thing is something we haven't invested much time in - my best friend that will come over from Germany and be one of our witnesses also has got some 'brides maid's tasks' to take care of. I really don't care which colour her dress has, or if she decides to wear skirt and shirt.

I am not completely ignorant though. She will get a jewellery set to wear and a present afterwards.

• tree

NuÄrDetDags (snart Mrs. 170307)
    it's not called a wedding program!... itäs called an 'order of service'!! have you forgotten yoru english speckledust?!!

us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/thebridalshop2_1927_29807305
    www.thebridalshop.com/bonny/images/613-back.jpg
    www.thebridalshop.com/bonny/images/613-closeup.jpg

it's not 'that' big-.. but it does need the biggest hoop... 3m circumference!... the train is very long and wide!

bridemaids will wear wine red satin dress... this one... no gloves though! we paid for them since i wanted them to have the same... but we all went together to find something everybody liked.... and they both felt they would wear this one again so itäs perfect!...
    www.alfredangelo.com/index.cfm
    style number 6123

your dress is really lovely speckledust... teh details are really nice!

• tree

how is it with the witnesses here? do they sign the marriage certificates?

Yes, they do (that is at least what I have been told, but I can tell you in 15 days ).

• Speckledust

Yes Tree my English is getting really really bad these days & it's so spooky when you want say a word & it comes out as the Swedish word instead of the English. I seem to always struggle with almond & always say mandel when speaking in english, so embarrassing when you can't even speak in your native tongue!!

Wow you're dress is gorgeous too, fairytale like, I can see why you need the big underskirt Bridesmaid dresses are lovely too!

tree: 3m circumference.... are you sure you will fit in the Rolls Royce?!

Ah, and thanks for the 'order of service', have changed it to that.

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2