• NuÄrDe­tDags (snart Mrs. 170307­)
    Äldre 26 Feb 09:18
    52570 visningar
    377 svar

Engelska brudar 2

Just noticed that the other thread has been closed... Great...

Hope you all find the way to this one!

The old thread:
    www.brollopstorget.se/Forum-1-21/m1966367.html

• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
  • saragr­an
    Äldre 11 May 10:25

Mrs. 170307
    Has the package arrived yet?! Exciting! It is very true about the difference in chocolate though, English is much better - such a variety! But then thats the only sweets they do well, the jelly stuff - yeack!

• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 11 May 10:42

saragran: No, it hasn't! It still says 'International hub' on the tracking site. Stupid people. Do they not know I am sitting here and waiting!?

Na, but I have found something else that will make him freak out when it arrives (in a positive way): he was told he can't have some Liverpool FC magazine delivered to Sweden but I stumbled across a Swedish website that can import them! So I have ordered 13 issues as a gift. Hehe, I love these surprises. Would be funny if it arrived a couple of days before the Champions League final.

Today we will hopefully get the last pictures from our second wedding photographer!! She fell ill so it has taken longer than she first said but well... Hopefully some nice ones to put on the walls.

So, I am off for now - they are delivering our new bed to the new house so I better be there and sign for it.

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 11 May 20:37

Nattson are you looking for hymns you can sing in both English & Swedish? O Store Gud/ How great thou art would be a good one. We're having this one although it will just be in English for us! My favourite hymn is "Jerusalem", more the tune than anything else, but it feels wrong singing about England when we are marrying in Swden

Jerusalem
    And did those feet in ancient time
    Walk upon England?s mountains green?
    And was the holy lamb of God
    On England?s pleasant pastures seen?
    And did the Countenance Divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
    And was Jerusalem builded here
    Among these dark Satanic Mills?
    Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of Desire;
    Bring me my Spear; O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of Fire!
    I will not cease from Mental Fight
    Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand,
    Till we have built Jerusalem
    In England?s green and pleasant Land

Kind of a strange hymn when you actually read it!!

Mrs 170307 you really are spoiling your husband aren't you Does he organise small surprises for you too? I think it's really nice of you getting all these things from England for him. You will be in his good books for months

Saragan I think you are the first Swedish person to actually agree that English chocolate is better I guess the jelly stuff for you is as digusting as salty liquorice is for us, that stuff is äcklig

• Nattso­n
    Äldre 11 May 22:06

Speckledust, Tkank you! Just looking for hymns that you can sing in english. I thought that we might have one hymn in swedish and the other one in english. The solo song will be in english too.

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 15 May 10:06

Mrs 170307 has the package for your hubby arrived yet? Do tell us all

Had my hair & makeup trial last night & it went really well. Emma R from Uppsala is doing it & she's really nice & very professional. I'll be having a half up half down style. I chose her because she comes home to you. She'll be arriving at 06:30 on the wedding day so it's going to be a very long day!!! She has me & 3 bridemaids to do.

Only 10 days to go now!!!

Anyone heard from 4:eMaj yet?

• Mrs H (fd 4:e Maj)
    Äldre 15 May 14:12

I'm here! Got back from Rome late on Saturday and back at work yesterday changing the surname in my e-mail address etc.

The wedding service was absolutely wonderful - the priest made it really personal (most people thought we had known her for years) and performed a sort of solo song at the end. I wasn't nervous at all which was really nice.
    A London routmaster bus with an open back then picked us all up (everyone loved the bus ride) and drove us off to the venue at Kenwood House for a chanpagne reception/photos and dinner. All the brits really likes the informal atmospher and some of the 'games' (kissing bride/groom as soon as one of them leave the room, bride and groom kissing as soon as someone was 'plinging' their glasses and the chair game) and the many speaches. Cutting of cake and disco with a bar then followed. A really lovely day with sunshine and no disasters (was a bit worried as something is bound to go wrong...).

John and I stayed relatively sober which will be my advice to anyone who is about to get married as you then remember what happend and the many good conversations you had. Will hopefully have some pictures soon.

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 15 May 14:34

Congratulations Mrs H, so glad that you had a wonderful day Did you enjoy Rome too? Looking forward to seeing some pictures soon

• silver­a
    Äldre 15 May 17:28

Hi, I wonder if I can be here with you, and practise my English?

My husband, since December 2006, is working in Newcastle, and will probably get his contract prolonged, in August, and then I will move to Newcastle. But he has also a possibly contract in London, so I hope for London.

There is no direct flights between Stockholm and Newcastle, so it takes to long time to travel back to Sweden in the weekends. For now, we see eachother about two weekends a month. That is why I would like London...

But we have cats, and we are waiting for the test for rabies, so they can get a passport!

• tree
    Äldre 15 May 18:30

Mrs H (fd 4:e Maj)
    huge congratulations... sounds like it was perfect!

looking forward t seeing the pictures!

• tree
    Äldre 15 May 18:30

och välkommen silvera!

• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 16 May 14:29

Mrs H (fd 4:e Maj): Oh, there you are again!! Congratulations and all the best! I am so happy everything went smoothly and perfectly! Funny, our husbands have the same first name (mine without 'h' though).

Speckledust/saragran: Yes, I am spoiling him. I love to surprise people around me with small gifts and things like that (well, him especially). Unfortunately, nothing has arrived yet but since yesterday the tracking thing says 'Sweden' instead of Denmark (as it has been the last couple of days).

I really don't understand why you guys don't like salty liquorice ? it is so tasty! Hehe, a friend of us that came to visit us from England bought them buy mistake and almost got sick. He was really chocked (with wide open eyes and breathing heavily).

tree: How is going? Photographer sorted?

Silvera: Welcome! I had to get passports for my cats too as I moved from Germany. That was a pain in the bum! But well, you can't leave them behind you. If you move to England I am sure you will enjoy both Newcastle and London. I'd probably prefer Newcastle (ok, if I could choose freely I would rather end up in something like Totnes or, if really freely, I would buy Camelot Castle in Cornwall). But, a white wooden house in Grums is ok too.

Tomorrow we are moving into the new house so I am a bit stressed at the moment. Beside the fact that I am living between piled boxes, have too much work to do and actually no time to move we are really looking forward to it!

Yesterday we got the last pictures from our second wedding photographer! Would love to update our web site and order the thank you cards but unfortunately that will have to wait til next week?.

So, have to go. Once again, congrats Mrs H (fd 4:e Maj)!

• mommy2­e
    Äldre 16 May 15:01

Hi!

Just though I would update myself a little...

2 days left now. Friday is my big day! I woke up (well my baby woke me up crying 'cause he's got a fever, poor little bugger) 2.30 last night and started to think about all the things I still have to do and how little time there's left. Really freaked me out! I thought I wouldn't have aything to do during the last few days... hmm... But I've written everything down on a list now, so feels a bit better to have an overview.

My family have unfortunately booked their tickets with Sterling and since they are now threatening with strikes starting tomorrow (wich is of course the day they are all flying over), I'm not feeling too happy at the moment.

• Speckl­edust
    Äldre 16 May 16:48

Mommy2e I hope everything works out okay with your relatives flying over, my fingers are crossed for you & I hope everything goes smoothly on Friday Hope the little one feels better soon too!

Mrs170307 just wondering where exactly you are getting hubby's package delivered to, if you are moving house tomorrow? Enjoy the fun of deciding where to put everything in the house

Tree how's everything going with your house & wedding plans? Do you like salty liquorice?

• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 16 May 20:45

Speckledust: Well, as I didn't expect the delivery to take that long it is coming to the old house ? but that doesn't really matter as we have rented 'til last May, it is around the corner (more or less, one house is on top of the hill and the new one at the bottom) and we have to come back to do the final cleaning and stuff. But it would be funny if it arrives tomorrow: a surprise box with English food in the new house. Would be a bit like 'no matter how stressful this day is going to be, I have some mint sauce and Bristol gravy waiting for me' Oh, he ran out of mint sauce yesterday and was asking when we are going to Gothenburg, to the English food shop.

Mommy2e: Good luck! I hope your family arrives in time and without hassle and that you have a wonderful day with a healthy little man and a gorgeous looking h2b! I am sure, everything is going to be just perfect!

• tree
    Äldre 17 May 17:40

Mrs. 170307
    how did the move go? has the package arrived yet?
    our fotographer agreed to the ceremony still but couldn't do the mingel but has arranged for another fotographer to do it so it's solved... which was perfect because i coudln't find a fotographer who was avaiable who had the right prices!

mommy2e
    how did it go with the fligths for your family? fingers crossed! have a truely spectacular day tomorrow! we'll be thinking of u!.... eagerly waiting some photos!

Speckledust
    wedding planning well. just decided ingångs and utgångs music. sold our apartment last week and waiting fr the deposit to be paid now... feels like we cant breathe out till then (even if they have signed a contract). day dreaming about the new house... can't wait to move!

I HATE salty liquorish! m2b has to seperate bag of sweets so that they don't contaminate mine! :)

• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 24 May 10:05

tree: I am happy you could sort it out with your photographer! So finally you can tick that off of your to-do list. Did everything go well with your flat sale?

mommy2e: How did everything turn out?! Did your relatives arrive? Did you have a wonderful day?

We have now been in the new house for one week and it is great! It is so big and so light! Still have some boxes to unpack but actually not too many. Even the cats love it, although I don't allow them to go out yet (might have something to do with the size AND the fact that I bought them two new monstrously big scratch trees?).

The surprise food packet finally arrived (it got lost on the way but after some research I found out it was 'around the corner'. J almost cried. I think all the Salt & Vinegar crisps are already gone but there is still some chocolate left.

And about spoiling him: Today is my birthday and he really spoiled me! With loads of presents (a huuuge troll (I am collecting troll figurines), a wide screen monitor, a new headset, roses for the garden, a packet of lighters (as I always steel his),?) and a champagne breakfast!

And well, he also got me a football, which I think was more for him than for me (or can I put some flowers in it?). Oh, he is not happy about the Champions League final but so busy with keeping me happy that he might already have forgot.

So, this day is going to be a non-working day. I am really looking forward to doing some things in the house (putting up some mirrors, pictures and lamps).
    And I have managed to order the thank you-cards! They will arrive next week so we are not that much too late?

Hope you all are doing well and are successful with your wedding planning!

• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 25 May 08:38

I think this thread will be locked tomorrow (or so), here is the new one:
    www.brollopstorget.se/Forum-1-21/m2307439.html

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2