• saragran

Engelska brudar 2

Hi there, I thought I might joint you guys - Im Swedish but will be marrying my Englishman in September next year. Living just outside London at the mo but will be moving back to Stockholm in August... Need I say more than that my husband to be is a bit scared about not understanding the language? Bless him, he tries to learn through... So girls, how did you get on learning the lingo?? Was it hard? Did you know it before you moved or as you went along?

• saragran

Mrs. 170307:
    Thanks!
    Sounds good! He is practising and trying now, but he is unsure how he will cope working over there without understanding Swedish - but your husband says its fine then? Which area does he work in? Do you live in Stockholm as well?
    I keep telling him that it will be fine, that Swedes love speaking English...which we do :)

• saragran

Hanban
    Sorry, I didnt see your msg until now! Bad forum behaviour... ;) We're looking to move centrally first, for my h2b to get to know the city and to more easily be out and about before we decide where to get a house -Im from south Stockholm originally (or south of south :) Haninge more exactly) so it will be around that area we'll move eventually. What about you guys? Where in uk are you living now?

Mrs. 170307
    He's working in media/sales/advertising over here but trying to set up his own web designer business as well... Holy cow, -28?! Thats very cold...!

tree
    Sounds good! I know there will be times when he will be frustrated - I mean I was the same moving here, even though of course I knew English but mostly just social speaking English, I was so frustrated that I couldnt participate in intelligent conversations or worse - have arguments with my h2b!! As soon as my emotions is involved, my brain stops working and goes back to Swedish...or even worse these days, just stops working full stop! I cant find the words in either language. Very frustrating. So I do know it will be 10 times worse for him... I got him some more learning through practising books today. He better get cracking on it - not long left now! I agree though, I could never see myself raising children here or having as good quality of life as I could at home... Its just sooo different!! But I will miss uk too...like the Sunday papers...! Is there any where youll be able to get them around lunch time in Stockholm btw?? A bit off topic though... :)

• saragran

tree
    You can get them normally at Pressbyran, but as you say, they are a day old and normally you dont get the fun Sunday supplements!! I do like the glossy mags... :) Robinsons, yum, and Ribena...Nice. Im sure there are sooo much I will miss once we leave - which is soon! Mid August. Hurray!

Mrs. 170307
    I wont say which paper B used to work for then... I neither will his mum. News International we say :)
    Im sure he will be fine too, he so extremely social and people are just always wanting to talk to him!
    Sounds like you have a nice Emmerdale tradition! B laughs everytime we go driving in the country side I start humming the intro to that... :)

• saragran

tree and Mrs. 170307
    You should check out www.britishcornershop.co.uk/ you can order as much as you want for £30 shipping fee - great! B is already planning what to buy when we move... :) Good prices really aswell - much better than The English shop i Soderhallarna! You can get alcohol as well...

We get married afterwards, sept next year. Which is good, he'll be skriven (cant remember the english word...) there and then I assume B wont need the whole impediment document from here? Am I right?

• saragran

Mrs. 170307
    Youre more than welcome! I am sure youll find loads to get him! The first thin B looked up was to see if they had Penguin bars... ;)
    Hmm...all these queen business!! why am I not surprised?! Well, atleast you can do it from Sweden then, and not having to go over here? I assume you meant the embassy in Sweden...

• saragran

Mrs. 170307
    Haha, I can imagine... At the hospital where I work in London her pictures are EVERYWHERE!! Could be that HRH is coming there herself quite a bit. Had Charles in the other day (Im sure Ill be punished for calling him by his first name :) but who cares, Im not royal, I was told off sooo many times in the beginning for calling lady whomever for mrs etc - I just dont get the fuss! well I do a but with the royals though...)

• saragran

Mrs. 170307
    To be fair youre right, if you are a Lady you probably want to be approached to like it...but still - hard for us swedes that even the telesales people are on first name basis with!!
    Good stuff! Im sure he'll be over the moon!! I think it says on the site that it takes 4-5 work days.

• saragran

tree
    very busy indeed :) soo much to do!! hmm...not.
    hope you'll find some treats on the site!

Mrs. 170307
    Titels are just difficult - although I wouldve liked to have lived here as married for a bit - just to be called Mrs B :)

• saragran

Mrs. 170307
    Has the package arrived yet?! Exciting! It is very true about the difference in chocolate though, English is much better - such a variety! But then thats the only sweets they do well, the jelly stuff - yeack!

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2