• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
  • tree

hi girls...

donät worry about the weather in stockholm, itäs forecast as sunny and +12 this weekend! yahoo!

we r off after work today to try on m2b suits! we have decided on a morning suit (jaquette) with grey stripy trousers and black jacket but not decided on the wasitcoat or tie yet... wish us luck!

no plans for the weekend except sleeping... been out twice this week so i am knackered! hehe... perhaps i will have a go at the fest program again... i've decided to use the 'prepared stuff' we bought in america as vigsel program now and make the fest programs myself rather than the other way around... so now i need ot reformat all my page setting s etc... hhmmm

(snart Mrs. 170307)
    sounds like u r hvaing a veyr busy time... canät u send m2b off on some errends for you?!

yesterday my grandparents rsvp'd... the only släkt i invited (except an aunt who was supposed to fly with them to use her airmiles!) and the said no they r not coming! gutted... no explanatoin give either.. but crap really ... oh well... the only positive thing is that is saves nearly 4000 kr (3 people)... i guess we can have the fireworks now then! ..

• Speckledust

Excellent Hanban & 4:e Maj, glad weather is better there Well I'm in the UK looking after my 2 yr old niece & meeting up with some friends for my birthday, which was yesterday What are you up to Hanban?

Nuärdetdags - Hope you solve the problem with the candle holders & try to chill out a little. We can't have a stressed out bride now Is there a local catering firm you could hire candelabras from? Will you be taking a few days off work before the wedding? Good to hear the makeup trial went well. Have you had your hair trial yet?

No joining the Swedish church is not an option for us as we don't believe in god, besides that would involve having to pay even more tax to the government, no thanks I think we'll just have to go with a borgerlig service if all else fails, it's not so much of a problem who marries us, it's just we thought it was all sorted out

• Speckledust

Tree, sorry to hear your grandparents aren't coming

Good luck with the suit hunting & the fest programs. I started on mine last weekend but didn't get very far

• Nattson

Hello!

We are going to have a last go at the invitation text and then we´r done! ( I hope)On Saturday we will ask one of our friends if he wants to be the toastmaster together with an other one of our friends... hope he says yes!

Tree,
    I hope that everything goes well tonight and that your m2b finds a suit!! Sorry to hear about your grandparents!!

• Hanban

hi all

Sorry to hear that your grandparents cant make it tree, can imagine you are disappointed....

Speckledust-this wkd we will be doing a car boot sale - I have 5 boxes of clothes to sell! Hoping to make some money so I can get my wedding shoes that I saw last week!!
    Enjoy your weekends gals, especially you NuÄrDetDags !!

• NuÄrDetDags (snart Mrs. 170307)

Oh, tree, it's really not nice when people can't attend! Can understand that you are disappointed (we have had that here too) but as you said, you will have a great fire work! And then send them the pictures with the 'thank you' card. Ok, I am a bit bitchy...

Well, with my h2b it is a bit of a problem: as he doesn't speak Swedish, he can't do the calls, he don't know how to sort pages in a fest program, he hasn't got a clue about decorations and if he does the play lists, they will contain 20 football songs. But he listens to me and if I give him easy orders they are being fulfilled (almost immediately).

But candle holders are solved - my brides maid brings 130 from Germany!

Speckledust, I have told all my clients not to think about contacting me from Monday on, so yes, regarding work I will hopefully be safe.

Can understand the thing with becoming a member of the church - the same reasons we have NOT to and we will have a wonderful borgerlig ceremony!

Nattson, I bet they say 'yes'!

Hanban, I think a car-boot sale is what I am going to do with my candle holders!

Don't know why all of you are talking about weekend already - you are making me (more) nervous, here it is still Thursday!! I still have one day to go before the weekend!!

• Nattson

Hello!

Finally friday I´m so tired!

Yesterday I e-mailed the bridal shop in London and asked about a petticoat. She gave me two suggestions re the size, one 168 and one 116 I assume that the measurements are in cm or do you think they are in inches?
    She recomended the smaller size.

Tree, I hope you found a nice jaquette for your m2b yesterday? Where did you buy your petticoat?

My last weekend as unmarried woman ? so far?

I have tested the electrical curler from Remington and they are great, perfect, absolutely dummy proof! I did it myself, left them in my hair for about 10 minutes (to cool down) and looked like Shirley Temple afterwards (well, Shirley Temple with 5 years, admittedly). H2b's comment: "Erm, yes, well, I see where you are coming from and for a first test, erm, perfect! I bet it will look like you want it to the next time!" Hm?

The German version of the fest program is finished, only the Swedish one left ? which I will leave as it is til tomorrow. Now I will sort the music. We have about 2,000 songs that need to be catalogued?

Tomorrow ? and that is going to be funny ? h2b will help me to put in the extensions I bought. And I will finish the Swedish program, of course.

So, as I have also been to the hair dresser, we can go and pick up h2b's trousers on Monday (they were a 'bit' see-through so we had to put in extra lining) and his ring (left it for engraving).

So, I hope you all enjoy your weekend ? I am not! I am SO looking forward to the wedding and especially the hotel room afterwards!!

• tree

Nattson
    stramnge... i replied to this comment yesterday!
    we found a nice suit for m2b and booked it for him and bestman..made provisional bookings for our dads too... just have to give the right sizes now...

these are the ebay details..
    Seller User ID: socoboa
    Your total: GBP 20.84 inc delivery

i'm sure the measurements u have r in cm... else the largest hoop would be bigger than any i have seen... we had a go at our order of service today... content isnät finalised, but the design is! it looks so nice! m2b even helped!

NuÄrDetDags (snart Mrs. 170307)
    so exciting!... a friend of mine got married today ine enlgand so i've been thining about that today! very cool...

Just reading about your peticoats... tree, did you not say your circumference is 3 meter (not yours obviously, your peticoat's)?

Then Nattson's (Hi Nattson!) 116 could be inches (= 295 cm) or am I completely wrong? I don't even have a peticoat, I should probably keep my mouth shut...

Ok, I am off again (printing).

Hope you all have/had a lovely weekend!

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2