• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
  • Speckledust

Look forward to seeing more pictures soon. Just went through your new thread & read all about your day. Must have taken you a long time to write that last entry

So 4:Maj is next from this group to marry. How are the plans coming along for you?

We're meeting with a priest on Tuesday to see if he will marry us, or at least do a blessing for us, but until we've met him we're not sure if we'll be marrying kyrklig eller borgerlig! Would be nice to have some sort of ceremony in the chapel they have, which is included in the price we are paying for the whole building, otherwise we have to use one of their conference rooms which isn't so nice.

Are any of you giving out wedding favours & if so what are you giving to the men?

• tree

Speckledust
    good luck meeting the priest.. we r giving favours... pretty traditional... candy in litte gold and wine-red coloured bags... we bought some favour sweet while we were in the states at xmas... but now i think we have changed our minds and will put in the jelly sugared hearts u can buy here! not sure if we'll put them on the table with the settings or as leaving gifts when guests leave... what r u doing?

i'm off to town now to try and find a guft for my tärna's 30th birthday! it's next weekend so i really hvae to find soemthing today. have a few ideas but no idea about the prices so wish me luck!

• Mrs. 170307

Hi all! Back from our mini honeymoon - which was as perfect as the wedding itself! We had so much fun, the hotel was great, the sun was shining, we didn't want to leave.
    Hope you all are doing fine, we now have to try to get back to 'normal life'... Whatever that is...

Speckledust: Actually, it didn't take that long. Maybe 10-15 minutes.

• Hanban

welcome back! Congrats! Hope you had a great time....must be hard coming down from it all now. Where did you honeymoon?
    Best wishes for your new married life!
    x

• Mrs. 170307

Hanban: Thanks!!
    We went to Gothenburg from Friday to Monday and stayed at Hotel11. I have put some pictures and details on www.joliwed.info (which by the way still isn't proof read by my husband, a.k.a. lazy bum!).

• tree

Mrs. 170307
    super! you were so lucky with the weather, it's been such a perfect spring this past week.
    do u have any plans to keep busy now post wedding to wind back into normal life slowly?

• Mrs. 170307

tree: The funny thing is that as we got up on Friday to take the train to Gothenburg, spring was gone and it was snowing here!! During the night we had got more than one inch of snow on our spring flowers. So it was a big, positive surprise that the weather was beautiful as we arrived in Gothenburg (and that it stayed that way!).

Luckily our clients are patient with us so business wise we can go back to normal life in a relaxed way but, sure, we have to get there at some point. I think that it will all be 'over' the day we have all pictures and the thank you cards have been posted. There is still loads of wedding related stuff happening (pictures (and invoices) being sent to us, people calling/writing to thank US for a wonderful time,...). Today (10 days later) we got the papers about the name changing. I still haven't found a 'proper' way to sign with my new name but soon I will have to...

We are still like under a charm... When we talk to eachother we add 'husband' and 'wife' somewhere in every second sentence, we smile foolishly while staring at our rings,... Everyday life is still not here, yet.

Oh, I really hope that all of you have a so wonderful time when it is 'your turn'!

• Nattson

Mrs. 170307, so nice to read about the wedding and how you and your HUSBAND act with each other! Sounds lovley!

The invitations are ready to be posted. We will post them on friday so that my m2b can finish the website during the weekend.

Tree, did you find a present for your tärna?

I´v been thinking of giving wedding favours but I don´t think we will have any.

• tree

Nattson

yes we found gifts for the tärnar. i bought them straight away since i thought they were perfect!

we just made an appointment to go to the cake place to discuss type and design and even get some smaples! 10th april is the day! mmm...

• Nattson

Tree, we are also going to the bakers on 10th of April!! ha ha I´m going to ask if she can make a small sample for us so that m2b can taste a cake for once

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2