• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • Nattson

I realise that this is very off topic ( OT ) Sorry Terri! hope it´s ok...

• tree

no problem!

i guess it makes financial sense... BUT who wants to start off married life sharing a kitchen and bathroom with other people... that sounds like it's back to student days!... and you could never have noisy bedroom (or not bedroom) activities!

part of the joy of having your own house is living the way you want to without compromise to others... can you imagine haveing to share a fridge again, organise a cleaning rotor? something to think about perhaps.

• NuÄrDetDags

Nattson: I can imagine, it IS a big step. My biggest 'fear' is the financial commitment. The only one I want to be bound to is my h2b. I don't like debts and prying banks... but we will more than likely not be able to buy a house with only our own cash....

We'll see, that day, that problem.

terri: Great! If any problems occur I am sure you will find help here somewhere. I'd guestimate that 90% of people here with wedding web sites have used that service.

• tree

why is that a 3 bed house is going to make more profit for each of you than buying a 1 bed flat each? perhaps it's better to buy a smaller place each and make your own profit, without the tisk of falling out with family and risking your marital life becoming one of 'flat mates'!?

• tree

Nattson
    I know how you feel! we bought our first place last year. the night of signing the contract i woke up with a panic attack! i was so worried we had done the wrong thing. the feeling passed within a couple of days and certainly had by the time we moved in. now one year on it feels like it was one of the best decisions we ever made!

• NuÄrDetDags

Yes, future mrs B, I'd also say it makes a lot of financial sense but it depends on how it is going to be organised (at least it would for me). If it were like two separate apartements in one house: great. But if, as terri says, you will have to share the space (kitchen, bathroom, livingroom,...) with someone else but your husband, hm... Don't think I would go for that.

But that is my personal opinion. Can't you have the house without the sister in law?

• future mrs B

his sister is in uni and cant afford a flat of her own, we cant afford to buy a house at the mo and we dont want any smaller than a 2 bedroom house for us... the profit might not be more but it will be a profit we will never have if we live like we do at the mo

• tree

i'm off now... going to a bridal store to get the right colour and size of my bridesmaid dresses! my mum found a store in her town in the usa that has them for 1/4 of the price here!... and that's still 1/2 the rental price here!... very cool!

• tree

future mrs B

i guess you need to figure out if having the extra room is more important to you than the freedom you would have to live 'guest' free and still make some money... tough one that i think only you can answer!

• future mrs B

we lived with her before and its never been a problem. she is never at home...
    we have too much furniture so we need a spare room, plus we are often having students.

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?