• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • tree

Hi NuÄrDetDags!
    welcome back!
    lots going on with me too! we actually booked our honeymoon yesterday!... 2 weeks in mauritius... leave 4 days after the wedding. thast so exciting! i can't wait!
    we have been doing some vigsel planning too with our vigselför... she made contact with us and asked about languages of this bit and that etc... so we had to think about this carefully... we also looked at some vows... and had to suggest some songs for the ceremony!... we picked 2 frank sinatra ones which she agreed to do... she is an actress and will sing for us too!
    we r trying to finalise the guest list. it's so hard! i have decided to invite some of my friends from england to the service and after dinner party only... not to the dinner... this way i can invite some of my friends from work to the dinner too... otherwise i won't have any of my swedish friends at the dinner... hmm... it's hard... it meant i was forced to select some for the dinner from my english group of friends and some from my work friends... the rest we will invite to the ceremony and after dinner party... hhmm... it feels mean, but thats how it is....
    and i am almost finshed with the website now... we r trying to get it done in time to send out the invitations... we figured that'd be when most pople will look at it, so we should make sure it's as ready as possible with the important information etc...
    terriandolof.weddingannouncer.com/
    hhmmm i think thats about it!

• NuÄrDetDags

You have booked your honeymoon?! We don't even know where and when yet!

Sounds like a perfect vigselförrättare, our has agreed on holding everything in English, and also accepts songs and poems but I don't think (hope) he wants to sing them himself. We have so far only decided on the marching-in song (what ever that is called): The council of Elrond, the first 2 something minutes.

The guest list can be a pain in the bum but we made it quite quickly as we were pretty sure about who to invite and who not from the beginning...

The website looks great!! Who gave you that tip?

By the way, is anyone up for a swenglish meeting in Stockholm tomorrow? We haven't planned the evening yet but we will definitely stay over night so it would be a perfect opportunity... On the other hand, maybe I should ask my m2b first...

• tree

yeah nice tip for the websiteehuh! hehe it's been a lot of work but we r pleased with it. and hopefully it'll make our travelling guests feel more comfortable about their trip.

i could meet up tomorrow i think! not sure m2b can, think he is working late...

• tree

only reason our honeymoon is booked is becasue we would like guests to contribute to it so we felt it was best to be able to say where we were going before asking them! hehe... apart from the fact that the prices were just released and thought it best to get in before the whole of sweden books their summer holiday and leaves us with less choice!

• NuÄrDetDags

If you have nothing else to do I would really love to meet in person - and I know my h2b would be enthusiastic about meeting other English people in Sweden (still haven't asked him though ).

Let me just check with him before I take this any further...

• NuÄrDetDags

Ok, he says "Can we meet somewhere where I can have a pint and a pie?"

• tree

definately! i know a great irish pub that serves pies and good beer!
    McKinleys Inn on Gamla stan...
    i suggest we meet at the tube station entrance at a certain time...

• NuÄrDetDags

Sounds perfect!! Just told my h2b and he is now dancing around: chatting proper English (that b*stard! ) in an Irish pub with a proper lager and a pie - nothing more can go wrong in 2007.

We will be finished at the embassy at about 3 pm and then we will check in at the hotel. So whenever it is good for you we can arrange to be there.

• tree

entrance to gamla stan tunnelbannan station at 6pm?

i'll be wearing a black coat and light brown hat with gold glittery bits on it! i have borwn hair. m2b has to work late, depending on how late we stay he may be able to join us later...

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?