• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • tree

hi all!

we have in our engagement rings name and date, and we will probably do the same in the wedding rings... nice and simple!

nuärdetdags
    glad to help u find a ring! i guess it's a solitaire then?!!

4:e Maj
    a lottery ticket sounds like a wonderful idea! good thinking! perhpas a little comment inthe fest program will explain ti to everybody... or even u could have the lottery number draw shown 'live' during the wedding dinner!!!

• NuÄrDetDags

terri:
    You guess right! As the dentist stole a lot of money (again) we decided for a smaller version which we probably will upgrade on the first anniversary... Now it looks like as it is going to be white gold (18 k) with a 0.15 ct diamond. Can't believe that is almost sorted, 8 weeks before D day!

4:e maj:
    I think it sounds like a good idea to put a small note in the fest program, like 'please check the envelope, the winner will be drawn...' We have decided against lottery tickets as we probably will have a 'bröllopsbingo' in the fest program - though we still don't know what the winner wins, maybe a bottle of wine... Other ideas anyone?

We will go for 'eternally yours' in the rings, don't want only name and date.

I have a bit more time this weekend so now the fest program is prioroty 1. Can't believe it, I am getting married today in two months!!

• tree

NuÄrDetDags
    so exciting! 8 weeks! very coll that u have decided on yoru ring now....and the engraving soudns lovely... i have thought about something like that too... hmm...

it was our 5årsdag yesterday... had a very romantic dinner out at Restaurangen.... 5 course plus 6 differnt wines inc champage! really wodnerful!... so romantic! and m2b gave me a beuatiful bunch of roses coloured in 2 tones... i really love that style of rose and wonder now if i should use them in my bouquet instead of plain red ones! oh dear...decisions decisions!... today we're off for afternoon tea! mmm...

planning to get our webpage finished this weekend and perhaps start printing the rest if our invitation texts...

now u've seen our webpage u've also seen pics of us! so u recognise m2b or bestman?!!

• NuÄrDetDags

terri
    How wonderful that you spent a lovely 5th anniversary!! 6 different wines sounds like headache, though.

Despite priority 1 I started with priority 2 (the ceremony). But as that is *kind of* important too (I am writing everything, from the welcome text to our vows) I don't feel too bad about that.

And the best thing: I am almost finished! (And I have made my h2b cry two times today, I think it is going to be an extremely wet wedding... )

• 4:e Maj

Terri - think you might have confused me with someone else (unless either of them are from oebro or live/work in north London!)...It was however nice to see what you look like (*nyfiken*).

Currently in Sweden so I've just been to the 'guldsmed' to look at wedding bands. Will probably order them by phone and pick them up when we come in Marsh.
    Saw another house yesterday. It was v practical (5 bed 2 reception) with a view of the lake but it didn't have the wow factor so it's probably a no.

• 4:e Maj

Are you, for any invites in english, going to mention dress code? I have read somewhere that English wedding invites does not mention it.

• tree

oops... i had confused u with someone in london who was from m2bs home town!

house sounds nice! one day....

we have not written dress code on the invites but it is on the webpage... its true that that british ones donät ahve a dress cose... tehre is only one dress coe apperently!... just foud out myself a couple of weeks ago

so much snow fallen ehre these past 3 hours... must be 10-15cm and still falling! might get my snowboard out tomorrow and play! hehe

• NuÄrDetDags

It's getting there!

At the weekend I was quite successful: I found and ordered my ring, wrote the ceremony, made the seating arrangement, made the menu, made the wedding bingo for the fest program... phew.

On wednesday we are visiting the photographer and meeting the caterer. Almost everything sorted! Well, no, but I am telling myself and everyone that because now people around me start getting nervous.

And, not to forget: we finally have snow!!

• NuÄrDetDags

terri:
    hehe, na, not yet.
    We have to go to the dentist today again. We will see how much money he leaves us with... Maybe we can only serve Korv med bröd (and that now that I spent so much time writing a first menu). )

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?