• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • tree

i have to say though that my dress is so much mroe wonderful in real life... as it probably is with all dresses i guess! the pictures just donät do it justice! hehe

• Hanban

oh wow, your dress is really lovely. That is similar to some styles i have also tried on and liked. Very nice.

Yep, maybe champagne too close, though we would try and pick a darker shade - a bit like the colour you see in the middle of the flowers on the wedding dress. Its so difficult to choose!!! My B.maids are pale skin with dark hair so also have to be careful not to wash them out with colours etc.
    We marry 11th Aug next year and still loads to do!
    x

• tree

iäts tough to make the final decision... i was quite nervous when i paid but after an hour it felt incredible! and it really helps you to move on to the other things... so much depends on your dress! for instance, the bridemaids dresses need to be in a smiliar fabric... i hadn't thought about that until my bridemaid and i were trying dresses together... the first time, our dresses were of compeltely different fabirc and it looked stupid!... now we both have satin and it looks great!

• tree

oh the week before us!

my bridemaids are also very pale! but darker colours were mroe flattering than lighter ones actually... perhpas you could look at gold dresses for them? or even bronz?

• Hanban

Yep, would love to get my dress sorted before the new year and can then focus on other things! would be one less worry for sure!
    Are you marrying in sweden? We are....in sthlm.

• Hanban

Bronze - now thats a good idea.......will look on net now...wil give me something to do,bored here at work today!

• Nattson

Wow both your dresses, Terri and Hanban are lovley!

I´m getting a bit panic-stricken over the bridesmaid dress. It´s so hard when they aren´t in the same country. Have you got any good sugestions? Terri did you order yours over the internet?

• Hanban

Thanks Nattson, I am the same...in a panic about the dresses! My chief b.maid lives in sweden, and I am in the UK. mum also lives in Sthlm, so is hard going to all these wedding shops on my own with only the shop assistants opinion etc! We were going to order b.maids dresses from ebay, but have heard a few horror stories with wrong sizes, colours etc, so we will buy from a shop now and then sell them on ebay afterwards!

• Nattson

I must admit, yesterday I strolled around in Debenhams and came across some weddingdresses. I still can´t belive i´m going to wear something that can be so beautiful :)

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?