• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
  • tree

Nattson
    cool! we'll have to compare notes! doesnät he normally eat cake?...

• Nattson

He is allergic to eggs... and there are almost no cakes without eggs, that´s why.

• Nattson

...I was a bit too quick.
    She has agreed to bake without any eggs.

• Speckledust

Well we met with a priest this week & he agreed to marry us so we are really really happy now Have a meeting at RC Chocolat shop on Sunday, to choose a nice chocolate mousse cake & we get to sample them too, yummy! We get a cake included in the cost of the meal, which is 650:-/pers so we'll end up having 2 wedding cakes. M2B's mum makes wedding cakes, which we've already designed since way back, so we'll have one Swedish & one English wedding cake

Everything is starting to come together now. I checked that our horse & carriage is still booked at correct time & the lady doing our hair & makeup is still okay for the date. Our next problem is finding a kantor! I'm sure we'll get that sorted too as well.

Yesterday I bought bracelets for our bridesmaids with their names engraved on them & I think we'll stick with boxes of chocolates as favours to keep things simple

What did you get your bridemaid for her 30th in the end Tree? Me & two of my bridemaids turn 30 next year so it would be good to get some ideas for them now

Mrs 170307, so glad you enjoyed your short honeymoon

Next week we're off to the UK again for Easter & our hen & stag do's will happen on the Saturday. Neither of us have a clue what is happening but I'm hoping I will have gotten over this stinking clod I have at the moment by then. When will the rest of you have your möhippa fest?

• tree

Speckledust
    congrast on your booking! can u remind me of the date?! and where it was you r getting married?! sorry!

i'll tell u the gift after the weekend once i've given it... i don't know if she uses this site for bridesmaid duty things and i don't want to ruin a surprise...

good luck with yoru möhippa! i know i will have ione. tärna has already asked me for an email list fo all my friends. so we'll see. i can't imagine many will come from england as well as for the wedding, so maybe it'll be something small with my new friends here in sweden... i suggested that we have a lunch/spa together the day before the wedding (me and 2 tärna) because one of them lives in the usa and definatly won't be able to make it for an earlier date!... so who knows, maybe my swedish tärna will do the whole thing the day before... no idea! hehe

• Nattson

Speckledust, I have only seen sigtunastiftelsen from a distance. But it looks so beautiful! I hope that you have a good time at your henparty!

My tärna has asked for a list of names and contact details of all the girls coming to the wedding. I have no idea when they plan to have it. :)

• tree

hello everybody!

we have news... we have bought a house! it's a little kedjehus in tullinge (right in the middle of both our workplaces)... it's so cute! it'. 104kvm plus 300kvm garden. 5 rooms... 2 double bedrooms and 2 singles, 2 bathrooms. it's so lovely... can't wait to move in... unfortunaetly we have to... till the end of july/beginning of august!... bit tight with the wedding but oh well.. we loved it! we signed the contract last week and will pay the deposit this week. so exciting!

we have an exciting week ahead too..
    today i am making roast pork and home made apple sauce for lunch, the we r off to yasuragi spa for the night! (that's where m2b proposed!)...

then on tuesday we meet the wedding cake man and even get to taste lots of samples... mmm....

then on friday we pay the deposit for the house and i will meet a florist...

then on saturday i'll meet another 2 florists with 2 friends (inc 1 bridesmaid) and then go home to my place to try on our dresses together! my friends will help to size the hoops in my underskirt! really looking forward to that! bridemaid dress arrived last week so now we'll see what we look like side by side. and i haven't tried on my dress in ages, and now'll be the first time with an underskirt since i had it on in the store last year!... so exciting. it looked to much better in the store (and i am assuming that i because of the underskirt)... fingers crossed!

howäs yoru planning going... or first weeks as married in your case L!

• Mrs. 170307

Oh, Tree, how exciting is that?! Congratulations!! Hope it won't be too much stress for you though?

We are in a similar situation. Today we visited our new house, which we will move into in about 5 weeks, for rent though (as my mum is the owner). Detached, 180kvm, 2 floors, 5 rooms (huge living room, dining room, guestroom, office and bedroom), 2 big anterooms (if that is a word) on each floor, 2 bathrooms, balcony, haven't got a clue about how big the garden is but it is big enough. Still in the same village (you remember ) but we have said: "Gothenburg, in two years (or so) we are coming!" After our visit to Stockholm J decided Gothenburg is nicer ? which has nothing to do with you. I think it was just the mixture of staying on a building site, loosing a tooth, no picture of the queen in the embassy,?

The first weeks as married woman have been wonderful but now we are slowly getting back to 'normal' life. I still can't write my Irish surname properly but well? Next week I will get the new Visa card, ID-card takes a bit longer? The photographer has not been able to finish our pictures yet but that only means the whole wedding thing will last longer. I say, it won't be 'over' til we have sent the thank you-cards?
    Am thinking of surprising my husband on our 1st monthly anniversary (if there is such a thing, otherwise I have to invent it), though I don't know with what yet. Maybe I wait til my birthday in May and then I kidnap him for a couple of days (can you kidnap your own husband? Na, he will follow me everywhere anyway)?

I am sure you will look fabulous with dress AND underskirt! And it will definitely be great fun to try it all on together with your bridesmaid(s)!

And yes, what is the rest of you up to? Have you all sorted your wedding favours and stuff?

• Nattson

Good Evning everyone!

Tree the house is so exhiting!

We have sent out the invitations and have had a few replys already! All of them positive so far!

We have just decided to have Bröllopsmarsch av F Mendelssohn when me and dad walk in the church and A Trumpet Voluntary when me and m2b walk out and husband and wife

I hope that all of you have had a nice Easter holiday!

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2