• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 25 May 08:37
    26190 visningar
    144 svar

Engelska brudar 3

? here we go again!

Maybe tree, the initiator of the first thread, finally will find some English brides. Anyway, English or Swenglish couples: Welcome (back)!

Thread no. 1: www.brollopstorget.se/Forum-1-21/m1966367.html
    Thread no. 2: www.brollopstorget.se/Forum-1-21/m2131149.html

• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 3
  • saragr­an
    Äldre 28 May 14:40

Hi everyone, just back from our long weekend in Stockholm and its been very productive I must say! We managed to found the wedding venue we want AND a flat! Very pleased!! The wedding will be at Dalaro Skans after a lovely 2 hour tour out there with one of their managers, such a lovely woman that just took loads of time to listen to our ideas and tell us about the history etc. And the flat is just amazing, in Kungsholmen just by Radhuset on the 4th floor with such a great view from the balcony. So pleased!

Mrs. 170307
    Glad to hear the goodies finally arrived! Weird that it took that long though... And happy delayed B-day! Sounds like he knows how to spoil you too - which is always nice!

• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 29 May 09:11

Oh, one that made it back to this thread!

saragran: Thank you! Yes, he does (once in a while ).

Nice that you could sort out the perfect locations! Is the flat for the reception or your 'honeymoon flat'?

We approved the print of our thank you cards on friday and I am really excited about what they will look like in real. The pictures to put in are already here. Writing all the notes and envelopes will keep me busy for a week again, then we have to wait for the paper pictures, slide shows,... and then we can say the wedding 'is over'.

Hope you all are doing fine!

• saragr­an
    Äldre 29 May 21:18

Mrs. 170307
    Neither, thats where we will be living when we move back! Not that long left now...cant wait. So bored at work and just want to move to the flat and start my new/old (I got my old one back) job! Come on August!! :)

Sounds exciting with the thank you cards, Im sure theyll be lovely!

So bloody freezing over here now - 9 degrees yesterday, in May?! Almost June... Very strange. We even had to put the radiators on!

Where are the others btw? Surely its not that hard to find us? :)

• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 30 May 13:19

Hehe, I was so into weddings that I didn't think of you moving (back) to Sweden and that that was what the flat was for. Well, then congrats to your new apartment! I can understand that is double exciting then!

Don't know exactly how cold it is here but definitely too cold. We have turned on the radiators in the living room and office, freezing at the computer or in front of the tele was just not an option.

I have spent most of the day planning our London trip in July ? that is so much fun! Looking for hotels, things to do,?

I haven't got a clue where the others are but I am sure they will come back. Sometimes it gets quite for a while and then, all of sudden, everyone is there again.

• tree
    Äldre 30 May 17:17

hi girls!

i have only read this page of comments, so i must catch up...

i just got back from london last night...i've been there since saturday. bloody freezing over there and pissed down with rain the whole time! typical england... went with my m2b and met up with some friends. ... my girlfreinds threw me a hen party on sunday! it was fabulous!... the took me to a spa and we all had a treatment and lunch, then took a trip on a boat along the thames and ended up in a bar for dinner and coctails when 2 of our men and a baby joined us... it was so lovely... i felt very special!

absolutely knackered now though. landed last night and finally got home att 0030!... then to a meetint in town at 8 this morning... boo hoo... and a swedish test tomorrow... oh dear... i have not spoken a word of swedish in the past 2 weeks (was in berlin for a week before that with work)... oh well..

we also had some good news last week regarding accomodation... our hosue is available much earlier... original date was 3rd august... and now we have it from 28th june! yahoo! so we will move in on teh 28th and the couple who bought ours will move in on the 29th! now we'll have 7 weeks in the hosue befroe the wedding instead of only 2! much better... and i'll get in alot more cycling to work before the wedding to try and shed the 2 kilos i can't seem to budge by (not) going to the gym! hahaha

saragran
    sounds like u had a super time in stockholm. i remember seeing that location online... it looked beautiful... when is the big day? and congrats on the apartment? have u bought it or will u rent? does your m2b speak swedish?

Mrs. 170307
    i wrote some tips for a friend who went to london recently... and i just this minute deleted it... so it's in my recycle bin. i'll send to u if u like...

when was your birthday? happy belated one! mine was just 2 weeks ago too... feels like ti was yetserdya sicne i've been away almost the entore time since...

• tree
    Äldre 30 May 17:18

now i see that there was only 1 page to read! hahaha

• tree
    Äldre 30 May 17:25

went to the store called 'confetti' on tottenham court road... found some bubbles there for only £7! bargain... and a big white umbrella for £13... and there was also a 10% discount this weekend... perfect...

• saragr­an
    Äldre 30 May 20:42

Mrs. 170307
    No worries, its not that strange that your mind is set on weddings considering this is a, hrm, wedding site?! :) Yep, very exciting! B was looking at the pics from the flat today and was very upset when he realised there was no curtains in the lounge - what would you do in the winter? wouldnt it be really cold and drafty by the window?! Haha, no dear, Swedish houses are much better built than English.. :) No offence tree!
    Sounds cool with the trip to London in July! We're planning our trip to Sthlm in July too! Which dates are you going here? Perhaps you'd like to live in our flat if its the same week :)

tree
    yep,we had a great time! so pleased. but it sounds like you had an amazing time over here! did you know they were planning a hen do?
    we are renting the flat since we want to buy a house before the wedding which works out great hopefully, we have the flat until august next year and then the wedding is on the 27th of sept. Very exciting!! He doesnt speak it yet no, but he is trying. just started his first course the other week so he's practising his numbers and polite questions all the time, bless him. He is so cute when he says sju :) I must say his pronounciation is very good, very impressed and proud that he is learning it!

• Mrs. 170307
    Äldre 31 May 08:30

Welcome back, tree! Was a bit confused about your first sentence with the comments, thought I had missed something.

Sounds like you had a great hen party! Much better than all that silly masquerading and doing strange things stuff (my humble opinion though )! But could you not have left the awful weather in London?! I promised J Swedish summer from my birthday on but now he calls me a liar!
    Oh, happy belated birthday to you, too! Mine was the 24th.

And you can move in much earlier ? how cool is that?! You must feel really relieved and excited about that! We have now been in the new house since 2 weeks and it is still exciting to wake up and walk around in all the rooms ? although we spend a lot of time with searching for things none has seen since after the move.

How did your Swedish test go?

Oh yes, I'd love some London tips! I have been there quite often and our to do list is already quite long (I always put everything I missed so far and things I like to see/do again on it) but there is always room for new events. J doesn't want to come with me on the Jack the Ripper walk but he said we could compromise with doing the ghost walk ? I just can't see the point in a ghost walk in daylight.

Saragran: Before we moved to Sweden J asked me if we would have more than one plug socket in every room. A serious question and he was sooo relieved as I said there would be at least two, normally even more. They come up with some strange things, these English people.

We are going from 18 July to 28 July. We take J's dad with us on the way home to celebrate his birthday in Sweden. That is going to be fun! Swapping flats would be great but I don't think I would do you a favour by offering you to stay at our house in Grums ? the amusement factor is almost zero, nil, nothing. The house is great though.

Oh, and the thank you cards arrived yesterday ? they look perfect and now I have to sit down and put in pictures and write some personal notes?
    We picked these with text printed on the front, on the left side, under the photo mount and on the back: www.romance.se/index.aspx&Lang=sweden&PId=1018519

Bloody expensive with all the printing but what the heck? We needed it in three languages, that's my excuse.

• tree
    Äldre 31 May 10:12

Mrs. 170307
    u have mail!

nice thank you cards! we bought ours in the usa when we were there at xmas..
    SOOOO much cheaper... also plannign to write hand written messages to each guest.

saragran
    i sympathise with your m2b.. it's so hard to learn the language...but i think it's worth it. which areas are u thinking of buying a house in?

i remember my student house only having 1 socket in each room... nightmare! hahaha
    curtains do of course help with draughty windows but i also think a window doesn't look finished without a pair if curtains to frame them!... hehe

swedish test this afternoon... hmm... i really should be studying... well.... in a bit maybe!...

re. hen do...i had an idea something might be on the cards but i was trying not to think about it so i didn't get disspoainted... strange to write that but anyway, i hope u know what i mean... so it was a surprise and even one of my freinds who can't come to the wedding was there too which was lovely.

m2b has been busy cancelling broadband, cancelling el, telephone, cable tv etc... even fixed the villa insurance yesterday! he's a good one! hehe today he is looking into booking a removal company.

tomorrow we go to the slott to eat our wedding menu! ooohhh... cool...

i wonder where all the other swinglish girls have gotten to...

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 3