Inlägg från: Mrs. 170307 |Visa alla inlägg
  • Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 3
  • Mrs. 170307

Oh, one that made it back to this thread!

saragran: Thank you! Yes, he does (once in a while ).

Nice that you could sort out the perfect locations! Is the flat for the reception or your 'honeymoon flat'?

We approved the print of our thank you cards on friday and I am really excited about what they will look like in real. The pictures to put in are already here. Writing all the notes and envelopes will keep me busy for a week again, then we have to wait for the paper pictures, slide shows,... and then we can say the wedding 'is over'.

Hope you all are doing fine!

• Mrs. 170307

Hehe, I was so into weddings that I didn't think of you moving (back) to Sweden and that that was what the flat was for. Well, then congrats to your new apartment! I can understand that is double exciting then!

Don't know exactly how cold it is here but definitely too cold. We have turned on the radiators in the living room and office, freezing at the computer or in front of the tele was just not an option.

I have spent most of the day planning our London trip in July ? that is so much fun! Looking for hotels, things to do,?

I haven't got a clue where the others are but I am sure they will come back. Sometimes it gets quite for a while and then, all of sudden, everyone is there again.

• Mrs. 170307

Welcome back, tree! Was a bit confused about your first sentence with the comments, thought I had missed something.

Sounds like you had a great hen party! Much better than all that silly masquerading and doing strange things stuff (my humble opinion though )! But could you not have left the awful weather in London?! I promised J Swedish summer from my birthday on but now he calls me a liar!
    Oh, happy belated birthday to you, too! Mine was the 24th.

And you can move in much earlier ? how cool is that?! You must feel really relieved and excited about that! We have now been in the new house since 2 weeks and it is still exciting to wake up and walk around in all the rooms ? although we spend a lot of time with searching for things none has seen since after the move.

How did your Swedish test go?

Oh yes, I'd love some London tips! I have been there quite often and our to do list is already quite long (I always put everything I missed so far and things I like to see/do again on it) but there is always room for new events. J doesn't want to come with me on the Jack the Ripper walk but he said we could compromise with doing the ghost walk ? I just can't see the point in a ghost walk in daylight.

Saragran: Before we moved to Sweden J asked me if we would have more than one plug socket in every room. A serious question and he was sooo relieved as I said there would be at least two, normally even more. They come up with some strange things, these English people.

We are going from 18 July to 28 July. We take J's dad with us on the way home to celebrate his birthday in Sweden. That is going to be fun! Swapping flats would be great but I don't think I would do you a favour by offering you to stay at our house in Grums ? the amusement factor is almost zero, nil, nothing. The house is great though.

Oh, and the thank you cards arrived yesterday ? they look perfect and now I have to sit down and put in pictures and write some personal notes?
    We picked these with text printed on the front, on the left side, under the photo mount and on the back: www.romance.se/index.aspx&Lang=sweden&PId=1018519

Bloody expensive with all the printing but what the heck? We needed it in three languages, that's my excuse.

• Mrs. 170307

tree: Yes, it arrived - cool! Thank you! Will definitely check out that Curry Paradise. I am not that into curry but J loves it!

I have already booked tickets online to go to the Odeon on the 19th, guess what we will watch...? Yes, Harry Potter of course!

And you brought something important to my mind that I had forgotten: the Oyster card!

I feel with your h2b - I had to do all those cancellation and address changing stuff and we get almost nada post these days, must have forgotten something.

• Mrs. 170307

tree (or anyone else): Reading about your test (congrats to 3/4 by the way ) I was thinking, has anyone heard of an online Swedish course?

• Mrs. 170307

... and now seal it and put it away!! Otherwise you can't stop trying it on and it will be full of ugly fingerprints and, god forbid, scratches!

Oh, but I know how you feel! I promise you that when you get to wear it full time you can't stop looking at it and playing with it for the first weeks!

• Mrs. 170307

Oh, oh, I forgot: by accident I found out that the school next door (well, three houses away) has started offering Swedish for Foreigners, J can probably start quite soon!!!

• Mrs. 170307

tree: Well, beside J there might be about 3 chinese, 2 taiwanese and 3 turkish foreigeners. If they haven't started yet it will be a 9 pupil class but I actually think it will be more on a 'private course' basis.

The teacher will call HIM (not me, yipeeee) on monday so we will see...

Your ring sounds lovely! I can still remember your engagement ring (and you are still 'to blame' for my wedding ring )!

The wicked witch is about to visit so I have to leave the pc for a while but I am really looking forward to seeing some pictures tomorrow or on sunday!

• Mrs. 170307

mommy2e: Sounds lovely! Congratulations!

So I guess your relatives arrived and weren't stuck at the airport?

Where in Italy were you? We are talking about a short trip to Italy, maybe in September, but I know nothing about where to stay and where to go...

• Mrs. 170307

We just had to 'cancel' our Italy ideas - from August on my husband is going to school again!!

• Mrs. 170307

SFI here in Grums (of all places, they startes last year and we didn't know)! He will go to school 3 days a week for a couple of hours and on 1 day he will practise on 'real people', which means he will be 'working' in a company that suits his interests (well, that should be a pub or a garage).

• Mrs. 170307

Speckledust: I can remember how I also felt: "I am so glad it is over, can I please just relax and enjoy myself now?!"

Sounds wonderful - congratulations to you and your husband!!

tree: Congrats to you too! So you are finished with your Swedish courses now? Must feel really good.

Am a bit annoyed at the moment: have a touch of a summer flu, the hotel I want in London doesn't come back to me and I am tired of writing thank you notes but the day is still young...

• Mrs. 170307

mommy2e: Wow, it's getting better and better! Congrats, I am sure everything will be fine!!

We can't make up our minds regarding kids.

We stopped using contraceptives some months ago (maybe 7 or 8) because we said it would be nice, we have things sorted, the right age and things like that. A wedding night baby would have been lovely but I guess it was not meant to be.

But every now and again we start doubting and thinking that we are so happy the four of us (we and the two cats) so we will probably start preventing again (which we can't tell my parents because they are awaiting the 'we are having a baby' message on a daily basis). Na, we will see...

• Mrs. 170307

Oh, Speckledust, what a beautiful dress!! And congrats to the baby!

tree: Well, after the last time J said he would never ever go to Stockholm again (which of course had nothing to do with you or O ) but I might be able to talk him into it - otherwise I will just have to come alone, would love to also meet the rest of us!

• Mrs. 170307

In principle end of september sounds good, I/we can't go anywhere on the 22nd though, is my dad's birthday...

• Mrs. 170307

I was just asking myself the same question (let's blame the heat for not having one active brain cell).

Is it Nattson or tree - or am I completely wrong?

• Mrs. 170307

Oh, tree, it looks beautiful!! But as I said in the email, O better hides it on a secret place - only a bit more than 2 months to go now!!

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 3