Inlägg från: NuÄrDetDags (snart Mrs. 170307) |Visa alla inlägg
  • NuÄrDetDags (snart Mrs. 170307)

Engelska brudar 2

Pomodore: The original meaning of this thread was to find English brides so therefore thread language English - well, I think tree found 2.5.

As this still is the main point - getting some English brides here - we just go on with English, quite simple.

Hi 28julibruden and welcome!

I guess the 28th July is your D-Day?

And I thought it is only my h2b that is trying to confuse me, when he 'misuses' English grammar. Where he comes from they often say e.g. 'you was' instead of 'you were' (don't know why but at least there it is not only him). To me that sounded really strange - and now I am finding myself doing that every now and again.

He has now been in Sweden for almost a year and his Swedish is still limited to 'hej' and 'tack' (na, almost), which is my/his/our own fault: we only speak English at home, he only works for English customers, on TV everything is in English, everywhere we go people are enthusiastic about having someone to practise their English on,... We have now put a Swedish course on his mp3-player and I am trying to use Swedish when I ask things like 'do you want more coffee', 'fancy going for a walk',...

Ups, I better start working. That was the reason for getting up so early and now I am stcuk here again.

All of you, have a nice day!

tree: Great that it went well yesterday!! Well, at least regarding the dinner... 400 kr per bottle of wine sounds like robbery!! If you don't like the Argentinian, can you not look for a cheaper wine you like and ask them to order that?

Yes, I have actually got loads done - not much work related though... But the cat litter boxes are clean and they have fresh water, I have done the washing up and the laundry - and all that before Jon even opened one eye.

But now I really have to finish the project I have to deliver today!!

Regarding grammar, of course dialect is an explanation for 'strange structures'!. It is always funny when he gives me his English texts to proof read - one would think he would now better.

I am stupid! Above the lyrics it says:
    **Note from Shawn: Turn your speakers up, 'cause this song is playing right now!

tree: How can you be bored when there is BT?!

No, I kept it and I even had a short cat nap! But: how is it with you, if you have time to notice me being everywhere...? What does that tell us about how you have spent your day?

Cool! Does that mean the invitations arrived where they should, even without 'enough' stamps?

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2