• NuÄrDe­tDags (snart Mrs. 170307­)
    Äldre 26 Feb 09:18
    52011 visningar
    377 svar

Engelska brudar 2

Just noticed that the other thread has been closed... Great...

Hope you all find the way to this one!

The old thread:
    www.brollopstorget.se/Forum-1-21/m1966367.html

• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
    Äldre 26 Feb 11:42

... and I push it, too.

Guess what just arrived...: The "Just married" shirts! Morning gift no. 1 sorted!

Äldre 26 Feb 19:02

Why is it sad with the bikini? I think it is a great idea! I was actually thinking of the same, but with "On honeymoon" printed on my bum.
    But as we don't go directly after the wedding I still have time to think about that.

How annoying is that with your invitations?! I keep my fingers crossed, they still go through!!

Yes, I would also like to read more about weddings in our chapel but I think people around here either get married somewhere else or they don't tell. Well, we might just be the first ones then (I can't keep my mouth shut anyway). We were there a couple of days ago and checked dimensions, where what is and practiced marching out.

Our cake topper is, by the way, being designed as a troll couple (as I collect troll figurines) with our clothes and white gold rings - am sooo excited about how it will look!!

Äldre 26 Feb 22:02

Oh, cool, more people have found the way back!!

Hanban: Here we are ticking off things too but (hopefully) nothing major anymore (not enough time to have major issues ). So far everything is going fine (I think).

4:e Maj: I have to say I have more faith in the Swedish post than in the English. Gee, have never experienced something that slow.... I do actually think the English invented 'snail mail'.
    We had the first RSVP after about one month (ok, my grand parents called the same day they got it but then...), so I don't think you need to be worried...

We didn't want presents but unfortunately we have heard some birds telling us there will be some - maybe we should have had a list that we could follow the toasters on their way (just kidding ).

Oh, what happened with the house?

Äldre 26 Feb 22:22

jojo02:

I read it to my h2b (who is the native English speaker) and he was not too enthusiastic. Not because it is casual - we also had very casual invitations - but the first sentence sounds strange - unfortunately it is 'Prison Break' on the tele so I (he) can't go into details now.

Äldre 26 Feb 22:50

The adds are on and I wrote this, which my h2b confirmed (but I only trust him 99% at the moment, 'Prison Break' is on you know... )

Name & Name,
    We would like to welcome you
    to our wedding,
    which is also our shared 30th birthday!

The marriage will take place on the XXX at 3:30 pm in XXX.

We would really appreciate you being there and sharing this day with us.

Äldre 27 Feb 13:39

terri:
    We have said that we don't want presents but if someone feels silly arriving empty handed, we have officialy offered the possibility to contribute towards our honeymoon - so noone HAS TO come without anything! Unfortunately I don't know what to do with superduperspecial cutlery or cute plates and cups, modern shaped vases or the other 'normal' wedding presents. Honestly, it would go directly into the basement (of course I wouldn't say that to anyone that comes around with that kind of present). We are just not into that kind of stuff. We hoped we had made that clear but well... We will wait and see. After all, it is not something one needs to get upset about.

Hehe, we looked after my nephew 7 weeks or so ago (he was then about 5 months). We had him at ours from 7 am until about 8 pm - and after that we both decided to wait a long, long time with own kids. Gee, that was stressful!

Jojo2
    Then add 'wedding ceremony' - only 'ceremony' is in my opinion too vague. Can't see a problem with adding 'party' though.

Äldre 27 Feb 13:40

Sorry tree, haven't got used to your new nick.

Äldre 27 Feb 14:11

Well, we could actually do with some new towels.

I would by the way still add 'wedding ceremony' - just to illustrate that that part of the day has nothing to do with the birthday party...

Äldre 27 Feb 14:21

4:e Maj:
    "H2b's cousin lets me have a look in hers as long as I don't re-gift it to their side of the family."

Yes, we will probably do something like that if we end up with too much "rubbish". And I don't think it is mean if people just don't listen or refuse to give their idea a second thought - if the one that something is being given to is the person for that kind of present. Of course I appreciate the gesture of a present and I would never ever question it's usefulness in front of the donor but well, what do we have a basement for?

Shopping in London is unfortunately something I can't help with. I know some nice pubs and restaurants though.

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2