Inlägg från: Speckledust |Visa alla inlägg
  • Speckledust

Engelska brudar 2

Excellent Hanban & 4:e Maj, glad weather is better there Well I'm in the UK looking after my 2 yr old niece & meeting up with some friends for my birthday, which was yesterday What are you up to Hanban?

Nuärdetdags - Hope you solve the problem with the candle holders & try to chill out a little. We can't have a stressed out bride now Is there a local catering firm you could hire candelabras from? Will you be taking a few days off work before the wedding? Good to hear the makeup trial went well. Have you had your hair trial yet?

No joining the Swedish church is not an option for us as we don't believe in god, besides that would involve having to pay even more tax to the government, no thanks I think we'll just have to go with a borgerlig service if all else fails, it's not so much of a problem who marries us, it's just we thought it was all sorted out

• Speckledust

Tree, sorry to hear your grandparents aren't coming

Good luck with the suit hunting & the fest programs. I started on mine last weekend but didn't get very far

• Speckledust

Nuärdetdags, it really is nu är det dags. Enjoy your day today

• Speckledust

Look forward to seeing more pictures soon. Just went through your new thread & read all about your day. Must have taken you a long time to write that last entry

So 4:Maj is next from this group to marry. How are the plans coming along for you?

We're meeting with a priest on Tuesday to see if he will marry us, or at least do a blessing for us, but until we've met him we're not sure if we'll be marrying kyrklig eller borgerlig! Would be nice to have some sort of ceremony in the chapel they have, which is included in the price we are paying for the whole building, otherwise we have to use one of their conference rooms which isn't so nice.

Are any of you giving out wedding favours & if so what are you giving to the men?

• Speckledust

Well we met with a priest this week & he agreed to marry us so we are really really happy now Have a meeting at RC Chocolat shop on Sunday, to choose a nice chocolate mousse cake & we get to sample them too, yummy! We get a cake included in the cost of the meal, which is 650:-/pers so we'll end up having 2 wedding cakes. M2B's mum makes wedding cakes, which we've already designed since way back, so we'll have one Swedish & one English wedding cake

Everything is starting to come together now. I checked that our horse & carriage is still booked at correct time & the lady doing our hair & makeup is still okay for the date. Our next problem is finding a kantor! I'm sure we'll get that sorted too as well.

Yesterday I bought bracelets for our bridesmaids with their names engraved on them & I think we'll stick with boxes of chocolates as favours to keep things simple

What did you get your bridemaid for her 30th in the end Tree? Me & two of my bridemaids turn 30 next year so it would be good to get some ideas for them now

Mrs 170307, so glad you enjoyed your short honeymoon

Next week we're off to the UK again for Easter & our hen & stag do's will happen on the Saturday. Neither of us have a clue what is happening but I'm hoping I will have gotten over this stinking clod I have at the moment by then. When will the rest of you have your möhippa fest?

• Speckledust

Hi Ladies!

Congratulations to Tree, Mrs 170307 & 4.e Maj on your house purchases & welcome to this thread Mjaumjau

Tree - How did the cake tasting go? We chose a scrummy white chocolate & raspberry one after our visit to the cake shop & the 4 cakes we tasted were divine, ummmm. Did your bridesmaid like her 30th present & what did you get her?

4:e Maj - Tonight we've been deciding on the music for the ceremony & there is a hymn we are having which is known in both English & Swedish. How Great thou art/O Store Gud rosemck1.tripod.com/hgta.html We've decided upon 'Joy of Man's desiring' to come into church, played by a friend on the oboe & an organist. 'Hornpipe' on the way out. Hymns 'How Great thou art' & 'Praise my soul the King of Heaven' & we also have our friend on the oboe playing 'Gabriel's oboe' for the Intermission. We found an organist too which we're pleased about

Hen do at the weekend was excellent! My sister did a really good job & I really enjoyed myself although my female Swedish colleagues were a little shocked at some of the things that happened or what I had been given! My sister & I had a two hr spa treatment on the Thursday & then on the Saturday we started with land hovercrafting which was really good fun, followed by lunch at a noodle bar. I was then whisked away by some friends to get ready for the evening whilst my sister & mum were secretly preparing mum's house for a pre-party buffet, so I arrived back at mums to find hen party balloons on the front door & everywhere inside the house. Had a cake made up & we had a small buffet & my sister had made up t-shirts for everyone, including my little 2yr old niece. After a few drinks I was blindfolded & then the stripper arrived & by this time I hadn't had enough to drink so it was a bit embarrassing!!(niece was taken upstairs during this part) Next I was given a big bag of goodies for the evening, won't go into the contents, & tasks that I had to fulfill by the end of the night! You all know what English hen party's are like don't you? Thinking we were getting into taxi's to get from my mums in Windsor to Reading I stepped outside to a huge white stretched limo, which took us to Reading & back home again at 3am & it was fantastic. We had a bottle of bubbly there & back & my sister had made up jelly vodka's for the journey there & had even purchased a hen night CD to play in the limo. I had a headband with L plates on & all kinds of things attached to me (balloons, huge blow up willy I had to carry all night, badges) & we all had a great night. I'm just waiting for all the pictures & video clips to be sent to me now I hope you all enjoy your hen do's as much as I did

• Speckledust

Sorry I've not been here for a while again & hello to all new folks

Been so busy with work & then all our free time has been spent in our garden & getting our small speed boat ready & out in the water before the wedding! Starting to blitz the house as well before our guest start arriving in two weeks time. Oh how I hate srubbing tiles & cleaning windows!

So mommy2e is your big day 19th May? Ours is a week after on the 26th.

My dad only just booked his flight over for the wedding this week & it's now less than 3 weeks away so I was almost convinced he wouldn't be coming. He's had over a year to buy his tickets & he leaves it to the last minute, was almost fuming with him!!

Ordered my bouquet, the 3 bridemaids bouquets & all the button holes last week & that was another 6,000kr (pufff gone)

Here's another website you can order British food from. Have ordered from here myself. www.expatshopping.biz.

Tree have you found a new photographer yet?

• Speckledust

Yes, good luck with the house selling tree!

Mrs 170307 - Not nervous yet, altough I will be the week leading up to the wedding I'm sure. Have my hair & makeup consultation on Monday next week so I'm quite looking forward to that How much did you pa for your flowers? What about the rest of you, do you have a price for your flowers yet?

Glad you enjoyed your hen party mommy2e I thouroughly enjoyed mine too!

• Speckledust

That was really nice of your maid of honour to do that for you

I'm sure your hubby will be thrilled to bits when he opens the packet. I remember when we first moved to Sweden & hadn't been back home for 5 months. I ordered over £100 worth of goodies & at the time the postage was on offer for only £5. We had it delivered to work & were so excited (salt & vinegar crisps, english chocolate bars, chicken tonight honey & mustard sauce, Christmas crackers as it was Xmas time) These days were in the UK so regularly & they are selling more & more food in Sweden that we missed from the UK at first like mini shredded wheat, naan bread, poppadoms, Robinsons squash & Highland shortbread that I haven't ordered from them for quite some time!.

• Speckledust

Nattson are you looking for hymns you can sing in both English & Swedish? O Store Gud/ How great thou art would be a good one. We're having this one although it will just be in English for us! My favourite hymn is "Jerusalem", more the tune than anything else, but it feels wrong singing about England when we are marrying in Swden

Jerusalem
    And did those feet in ancient time
    Walk upon England?s mountains green?
    And was the holy lamb of God
    On England?s pleasant pastures seen?
    And did the Countenance Divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
    And was Jerusalem builded here
    Among these dark Satanic Mills?
    Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of Desire;
    Bring me my Spear; O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of Fire!
    I will not cease from Mental Fight
    Nor shall my Sword sleep in my hand,
    Till we have built Jerusalem
    In England?s green and pleasant Land

Kind of a strange hymn when you actually read it!!

Mrs 170307 you really are spoiling your husband aren't you Does he organise small surprises for you too? I think it's really nice of you getting all these things from England for him. You will be in his good books for months

Saragan I think you are the first Swedish person to actually agree that English chocolate is better I guess the jelly stuff for you is as digusting as salty liquorice is for us, that stuff is äcklig

• Speckledust

Mrs 170307 has the package for your hubby arrived yet? Do tell us all

Had my hair & makeup trial last night & it went really well. Emma R from Uppsala is doing it & she's really nice & very professional. I'll be having a half up half down style. I chose her because she comes home to you. She'll be arriving at 06:30 on the wedding day so it's going to be a very long day!!! She has me & 3 bridemaids to do.

Only 10 days to go now!!!

Anyone heard from 4:eMaj yet?

• Speckledust

Congratulations Mrs H, so glad that you had a wonderful day Did you enjoy Rome too? Looking forward to seeing some pictures soon

• Speckledust

Mommy2e I hope everything works out okay with your relatives flying over, my fingers are crossed for you & I hope everything goes smoothly on Friday Hope the little one feels better soon too!

Mrs170307 just wondering where exactly you are getting hubby's package delivered to, if you are moving house tomorrow? Enjoy the fun of deciding where to put everything in the house

Tree how's everything going with your house & wedding plans? Do you like salty liquorice?

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2