Inlägg från: Speckledust |Visa alla inlägg
  • Speckledust

Engelska brudar 2

Thanks Tree for informing me about the new thread

The prices of stamps to Europe has increased so much since I've been here. When I first came here 6½ years ago they were 6kr & now 11kr, it's daylight robbery! Just to put you at ease a little Tree I've sent out mail with the the older price on a number of occasions & they've always arrived in the UK as normal(write a lot of letters to my nearest & dearest back home). I'm sure the post office expect that it will take a while before everyone knows of the change & they do honour the postage! I'd be very surprised if they were sent back to you.

We sent our invites out in November to our UK guests & so far we only have 6 official acceptances. Most people seem to think that because they have flights booked they don't need to send a written confirmation. We've told people on the phone that we'd still like a formal acceptance from them, as a keepsake, but we're still waiting, so good luck to everyone in getting those acceptances as it's like getting blood out of a stone

• Speckledust

Hi Miss Cykel. This thread is basically for anyone who wants to communicate in English!

Tree is English marrying a Swedish guy & lives here in Sweden. 4:e Maj is Swedish marrying an English man, living in the UK (if I remember right) & then we have Nuärdetdags who is Swedish marrying & English man & living in Sweden I myself I am English marrying a English guy, & we're both living in Sweden All possible combinations so to speak )

Welcome

• Speckledust

I must say that all of you Swedish ladies write much better English than I do Swedish

We Brits are not great when it comes to grammer & you know what they say about English people only being able to speak one language Most English people here in Sweden are with a Swedish partner so they get to learn the language quite quickly but my M2B is also English & by the time we've argued about what is the correct way to say something in Swedish we've kind of lost the plot! We only speak English with each other at home now Strange thing is my English is getting bad & my Swedish no better

• Speckledust

Wonder why we don't have many snapps songs in the UK? Only thing I can think of is we simply can't be bothered to have to wait until a song is sung before we can have get the drink down our throats!! We keep it all short & sweet back home

So what are you all planning to do about wedding speeches? In the UK only the groom , father of bride & best man generally do a speech but here in Sweden it seems everyone & anyone can stand up & do say or sing something. First Swedish wedding we went to we were quite surprised at how long all the speeches went on & of course it's impolite to eat whilst someone is speaking so my M2B was wise to this when we were invited to our 2nd Swedish wedding & made sure he piled his plate high with food & scoffed himself before the speeches began

• Speckledust

Had to laugh about the jeans Nuärdetdags because it reminds me so much of my mum, whose always shrinking things

Hanban I'm from Windsor, just West of London about 10 miles from Heathrow airport. Heard of Windsor Castle?

• Speckledust

Well we moved here because of work 6½ years ago, orginally on a 2 yr contract & have been here ever since! M2B & I met at work in the UK & moved to the head offices here in Sweden. We're both British & work for an Internatinal company where the Global language is English

I take it your fella is Swedish then Hanban?

• Speckledust

Morning All,

Don't forget the peas soup too Tree

Hanban, we live in Märsta, near Arlanda airport & we've definately not met before as we decided when we first moved here not to join any expat groups, to try & fit into he Swedish culture more easily, but that hasn't really worked No expat groups here in Märsta that I'm aware of & going into Stockholm for a night out isn't something we do very often as it's just hassle with the public transport! Missed the last bus from Märsta to home once after a night out in Stockholm & it took over an hour to walk home (Weren't prepared to pay 200kr for a taxi for the the last little bit although regretted it half way through the walk back ) All in all we could have flown bck to the UK in the time it took us to get home!!

26th May 2007, Speckledust, Sigtuna

• Speckledust

Hmmm just wrote out our hindersprövning request today & just as I was about to place it in the envelope I realised my name was under 'make' & my M2B's under 'maka'. Would have been a bit embarrassing had I not noticed

• Speckledust

Not sure about the certificates & passports part! Because we've both been here for more than 2 years we only need to send in the form! Posted it off today after printing it directly from the web.

Correct, it has to be no older than 4 months

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2