• Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2
  • Mrs. 170307

tree: Tack! Yes, now I love watching and playing with them again.

4:e Maj: While talking to tree I completely forgot about that you are the next one to become a 'venerable woman'. I hope the last days won't turn out to be too stressful and I really hope your big day will be as fantastic as our was!

• 4:e Maj

Mrs. 170307
    Thanks! I have been sensible enough and taken the whole of next week off so sort out the final bits and, hopefully, rest.

Will probable logg on mid next week to see what you are all up to.

• Mrs. 170307

4:e Maj: Smart to take the week off!

I could do with some input for our 'thank you cards'. Can someone help me with a proper translation for the first sentence? The second sentence is not that of a problem but I can't come up with something nice for the first one. I want it informal but not too unceremoniously. J is, as always with these issues, absolutely useless.

"Stort tack för all uppvaktning på vår bröllopsdag!
    Er närvaro, era hälsningar, presenter och gratulationer gjorde hela dagen till ett underbart minne!"

The plan is a folded card. On the outside a picture with date and 'Thank you' in three different languages, the text above on the left inside (also in three different languages), on the right inside another picture and our new address, phone numbers and so on the backside.
    We will add a personal note to every card, on which we address people directly.

Will this look strange to English people? I mean a more general card with a personal supplement? I can't print 75 different cards but 75 different notes is of course not a problem?

• 4:e Maj

Mrs. 170307

Yes, I booked it months ago and my boss is not overly happy about it as work is very busy but can't say or do anything about it as it was approved by his boss!

How about:

'Many thanks for joining us celebration wedding day'

or

'Many thanks for charing our special day/weddingday with us.'

• tree

Mrs. 170307
    read your questions late one night this weekend and meant to answer already... sorry!

Thank you so much for joining us on our wedding day

thank you for celebrating our wedding day with us

or as 4:e may writes.... many thanks for Sharing our wedding day with us

a personla note inside sounds perfect! ... but why write it on a note?... why not write it directly into the card, perhaps underneath the picture on the inside...

• Mrs. 170307

Oh, thank you for the text ideas, now I can send it to the printer guy to get a final quote!

4:e Maj: Hehe, I bet your boss is mainly jealous.

tree: Not a problem! The 'thank you' cards are still on stage 1: getting a quote for my superb 4-side-print-idea.

The reason to put in an extra sheet for a personal note is a) there won't be enough space for what we want to write and b) my hand writing is not that nice so I don't want to spoil an otherwise nice card. And I can use what we have left of the thread we used for the Order of service scrolls. I think that will look quite nice. Well, hopefully it will...

• tree

exciting news... we just ordered my wedding ring! yahoo!.... so cool... can collect it 8th june... can't wait!

our rsvp date is this friday and we still haven't heard from 9 people... hmm... had 4 no's already too.. so we've decided to invite m2b's cousins too now since we have a bit of space... waitign fro the ink to dry now so we can put the inserts in the invites and send them away! also very cool... and we ahve done all the evening invitations and they r just waiting for stamps! SUPER DUPER...

But now we ahve to clean all the windows in the partment, including the balcony... 7 meters of windows there alone!... oh dear... visning of our apartment is on sunday... so we'd better get cracking!

• MrsH2b

Hi all,
    Im not sure i classify as an English bride although my m2b is English. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas on how to write my english invitations? We dont want it too formal. Dont get me wrong we will have an absolutely beautiful white wedding and all but afterwards itll be a big buffe held at a beautifully decorated hall (so not at a big posh restaurant) with lots of food, drinks and music. Basically we want this to be a fun easygoing event to remember. And it will probably be the only time we manage to get all of our friends and family who are spread all over the world in the same place. I have never been to an Englishwedding and i dont really know what expectations theyll all have (ecxept for my mother in law whos not very happy about the fact that we havent made it as posh as shed like and shes made it very clear what she thinks about my parents not paying for the whole wedding)Any advice is very much appreciated.
    Thanx!

• Mrs. 170307

MrsH2B: You are not the only Swedish w2b with an English h2b in this thread so of course you are very welcome! I am for example Swedish and my - now - husband is English.

Where and when are you getting married?

We had quite informal invitations but they are on another computer. Will look for them tomorrow and then I can send you the text if you like. We also had a 'not so traditional' wedding (and definitely not posh) and the English side of the family took it very well. You can read about it on our (still not finished) wedding web site: www.joliwed.info

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2