• tree

Engelska bruda?

Are there any other english brides to be out there planning their wedding to swedish men?

I'd love to hear from you!

Where are you living and what is the magical date?

Stockholm, 18th August 07 for us!

• Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?
  • 4:e Maj

Thanks, sounds like a good place. Househunting it to tempting yet exciting! I'm currently looing for a holiday home somewhere 1,5 hours deom Stockholm and it's so tempting and easy to get carried away...

• NuÄrDetDags

Oh, I couldn't do that, am far to impatient... :D What if you see THE house and then you can't buy it for different reasons... But at least I have decided about my h2b's "English christmas present" today (the one he gets on the 25th, not the 24th). He will get his puppy...

• tree

i know what u mean! and we could afford to buy this place now, it wouldn't cost us much more than our apartment right now... but... it's nice just to focus on the wedding right now and know that we have found a nice area that we could imagine ourselves living in.

• NuÄrDetDags

Yes, that is also true. We tried to have a quick look on the house market once but we gave up as we don't know anything about any area. And they never mention "pub in walking distance" in their descriptions...

My mum and I are off to view a 3 bed house this afternoon near Arboga (to be used as a holiday home by the family) and it's so exciting! I've always been wanting to have a base here in Sweden and it's now happening (sort of anyway).

• tree

4:e Maj
    ooh how exciting! lycka till!

NuÄrDetDags
    i know what u mean... but as i discussed with m2b yesterday, even there was a pub nearby i probably wouldn't use because they are usually full of drunks! (we're looking in fairly residential areas, of course it's different in town)

i was just looking at the house again online!

• NuÄrDetDags

4:e Maj: That really sounds exciting!! If we would leave Sweden I would definitely want something like that too, an own place to come back to when ever one feels for it.
    Good luck!!

terri:
    Yes, I know what you mean. We tried the only local pub here a couple of days ago but even my h2b said there are only morons(and he is normally more tolerant than I am in this matter). It is just not possible, having a relaxed pint when people around you are screaming and shouting and trying to start silly conversations with you... He loves Sweden, the only thing he is missing is the option to go to a nice, calm English pub once in a while.

Well, well, we probably have to start our own. ;)

Started listening to wedding music (for walking in and out and during the ceremony) this weekend. We have only come so far that we have decided "I saw you crying in the chapel" and "Yesterday" aren't options. :D

• tree

NuÄrDetDags
    there are so many corny songs out there aren't there! i donät knwo what we will choose, but my freinds will pl it on the flute for us, so i guess it'll be something fairly traditional

• Nattson

We haven´t decided on what wedding music we are going to walk in and out and to during the ceremony. A friend of mine has volunteered to sing. It looks like we are going to have Morning has broken. But other than that I don´t know.

My h2b wants Jerusalem as one of the hymns and I want Jesu joy by Bach as walking in or out music. Struggling to find english hyms that exists in sweden. Can't do 'Harlig ar jorden' as it was played at my grandfather's funural or Morning has broken as it was used at h2b's sister's wedding last month.

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?