Inlägg från: Speckledust |Visa alla inlägg
  • Speckledust

Engelska brudar 3

Hi ladies,

Well I'm now a married lady & our big day on 26th May went really well. The weather was fantastic & everything went according to plan. The horse & carriage was well worth the money & I really felt like a princess arriving to the venue in it with 3 of my bridemsaids. We had champagne on the way & went right through the centre of Sigtuna, so there were many people who saw us in the carriage! Hubby looked dashing & the service was beautiful & lots of people cried. The day went by in a blur but we have so many wonderful memories. The toughest part was leaving for our one week honeymoon to Rhodes the next day. We didn't arrive to our hotel room at Arlanda airport until 1am Sunday & had to check in at 4:30am to find out our flight was delayed 3 hrs so the first two days of the honeymoon were spent sleeping. We had all the family over from the UK & Thursday night before the wedding had hubby's family over for a BBQ at our house & then Friday night my lot for baked potatoes so we had a hectic time leading up to the wedding. So glad it's all over with now & very very happy

Tree glad you like your ring & have a photographer sorted out & congrats on your Swedish test. I've completed the SFI tests & have done SAS basic level with VG but I haven't got any further!!

Mrs 170307 glad hubby enjoyed his surprise package. When we were in Rhodes I found a shop that sold Walker salt & vinegar crisps & had to buy a few packets, they're so yummy

Mommy2e I'm also glad that your day went really well & that everyone manged to arrive okay!

Everyone else Hope all the Swedish lessons & wedding plans are coming along ok.

I'll see if I can post a few pictures later

• Speckledust

Well as promised here are a few pictures
    www.beckybowden.com/wedding/1.jpg
    www.beckybowden.com/wedding/2.jpg
    www.beckybowden.com/wedding/3.jpg
    www.beckybowden.com/wedding/4.jpg

SAS is a Svenska som andra språk course Tree.

Mommy2e that's great news. I myself am 9½ weeks pregnant! We hadn't planned for it to happen until after the wedding but it went a lot quicker than we thought!We didn't tell anyone until this week though, as we wanted to get the wedding over with first! Still early days yet but if all goes to plan we'll have a baby around 5th January

• Speckledust

Thanks all

End of September would be perfect for me too! I'm flexible so arrange the date around those that are travelling from afar. By then we'll all be married won't we?

• Speckledust

Thanks Mrs H & congrats on your pregnancy too I'd love to see your pictures so I'll send you an email right now!

Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures soon too mommy2e

I'm sorry but I've a brain like a sieve! Who is the next to have their big day?

• Speckledust

Love the ring Tree, it goes really well together with your engagement ring

How long do they think it will take for your dress to arrive Nattsson? I know you'll be anticpating the arrival of it already & I'm glad you found some rings that you both like. Anything else left to organise?

Yes we'll blame the weather Mrs 170307 for the lack of brain cells (he,he)

• Speckledust

Congratulations from me too Mrs 170307 Hope you aren't feeling too ill. I felt so ill from week 6-11 & hardly ate anything, but now I've got my appetite back & am feeling much better! I'm in week 13 now & have a nice little bump

Tree it's really exciting moving into a new house, finding places for everything to live & buying new furntiture isn't it I assume you were able to have a BBQ seeing as the weather was nice yesterday?

Nattsson I trust the dress arrived okay & that you've tried the dress on a good few times

• Speckledust

Tree, only a month away today now, are you getting excited How are the programs coming along?

Nattsson are you pleased with your wedding rings? Not long for you now either. Are you about done with everything now?

Mrs170307 how's it going with the pregnancy? You must be around week 8 now, right? Have you booked the 1st visit with the barnmorska yet? If you're feeling really ill don't worry it will soon be over in a couple of weeks Felt what I think was the baby for the first time yesterday (like little bubbles moving around) Next week we're in the UK so everyone there can see how the tummy is progressing

• Speckledust

Mrs H do you have a due date yet?

mommy2e any pictures to share with us yet?

MrsH2b & Saragran any news to share with us? How's H2B's Swedish coming along Saragran?

Well I guess most of you are away on holiday at the moment but it would be nice to hear what's going on with you lot soon

• Speckledust

Great to hear from you Tree!

Still at work too, no summer holiday for me We already booked the whole of December off instead to go on our late honeymoon to Thailand for 3 weeks & then spend Xmas week in the UK, but those plans have changed now, due to the baby being beräknad 5th Jan!! Hopefully we'll be able to take some time off in Sept instead. Luckily we hadn't booked any flights by the time we found out I was pregnant.

Am 15½ weeks at the moment & showing nicely. Actually I'm not sure if it's just one baby in there or not yet as another girl in our office whose almost 3 months ahead of me isn't much bigger than I am now!! Will find out for sure when we have the scan on 8th August Hopefully it is just one in there though & we'd like to know the sex if they can tell us.

I too have noticed the negative atmosphere around here, what is wrong with some people? Well at least we have a nice positive thread going here

Möhippa sounded great, both of them actually. I enjoyed having one with my English friends in the UK & one with my Swedish collegues here. Both were totally different, but both enjoyable!

Enjoy your shopping trip with Nattsson.

Any more updates gals

• Speckledust

Glad you girls had fun

Terri sounds like you spent a small fortune yesterday! What have you got your M2B as a morgongåva, or is it a secret until after the big day?

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 3