• 4:e Maj

Engelska bruda?

Are you, for any invites in english, going to mention dress code? I have read somewhere that English wedding invites does not mention it.

Are those places worth going to? Don't want to put you off but I did the national wedding excebition in Earls Court, London and thought it was full of crap. The Swedish ones might be different.

Going to meet with the gift registration people this afternoon so select what goes on the gift list and I'm really excited! John is not bothered so I get to decide it all (I'm really in to plates, cutlery and stuff like that)!

I'll let you know how it went tomorrow.

Could I ask to see your fest programs? Just say if you think I'm being cheeky. I could really do with a few examples as John, being English, doesn't think we need one (as the wedding is in the UK) so I'm on my own driving this one! My e-mail is elin.edlund@electoralreform.co.uk

NuÄrDetDags - Tried to get John to see photos of it but he refuses...
    Great present! We have chosen to have a list as I'm really in to all that stuff/crap plus that h2b's mother is paying for the wedding. We are also 'only' going to Rome for the honeymoon (don't like that word, 'brollopsresa' is much better) and should be able to pay for it all.

terri - no probs! If you do int he next 4 - 8 weeks, please feel free to e-mail it.

Saw the consultant the other day and have started our (not that John care) list which was really fun (see wrapit.co.uk if anyone is nosy)!

Going shopping on Saturday for stationary for the invites... feel a bit stressed.

NuÄrDetDags - exciting!

We had a meeting and sampled food at the reception on Saturday and got cake for more sampling on Sunday.
    One of the artworkers where I work has design the wedding invitations which I submitted to the printers yesterday (will be ready on Monday).

Also met with my weddingplanner (John's cousin) and made an hour-by-hour schedules for the day!

Found out that we are having a woman priest (cool) although conservative/catholic John is not over the moon.

I will once the invites have gone out (next week) start looking for shoes, underware and a dress for the 13 year old bridesmade.

Feels like it's all coming together!

John and I work for the same company (!) and have decided not to invite anyone of them as it would easily add 10-20 people. Most of them are ok with it.

terri - forgot to mention that I have the english vigeslakt used by the Swedish church in London if you need it.

A bit OT but I must just tell you all that our offer on a house between Orebro and Hallberg has been accepted! Just hope the survey goes well...

Speckledust - Welcome!

I'm Swedish but have lived in London for the last 10 years and getting married to John (english) 4th May here in London.

Terri - I promise to tell you about all the don't and mini disasers that is bound to happen at ours!

Had a mini hen party when I was home last in January as there wasn't going to be another opportunity for my Swedish friends. Friends over here are very secretive so not really sure what's going on. Have to say that I'm not too keen on the L plates and plastic breasts thing so I'll not be disapointed it nothing comes of it.

Where do I find shoe stretchers? Sounds like a must!

Think the Swedish 'industi semestern' is a hilarious thing. It was invented so that factory workers etc could have a propper summerholiday. As a result, many smaller businesses decided to have their holiday at the same time as halv of the country was at a standstill. Think the worse day of the summer is the Friday on which it starts as thousands of people get out on the monorway with their caravans. Things has become better in the last 15 years though...

Thanks, will definetely get some as I often have problems with new shoes.

My sister who also lives over here will hopefully make sure it doesn't get out of hand...

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?