• 4:e Maj

Engelska bruda?

My h2b was initally talking about a Star Wars themed wedding but decided against it after I told him that the priest would probably not allow it...

My sister attended a 70s wedding where everyone was dresses (incl. bride and groom) in 70s clothes.

Well, at least you don't have to pay to get married - the swedish church in London charges £250 (incl. organist).

To the UK embassy in Stockholm
    By bus: Bus no 69 from Sergels Torg to Ambassaderna. The trip takes approximately 15 minutes. The British Embassy is situated on Skarpögatan, directly behind the American Embassy.

By underground: Take the red line towards Ropsten to Karlaplan station. The Embassy is a 10 minute walk along Valhallavägen towards Gärdet.
    www.britishembassy.se/aboutus/contact.php

There were too many DIY projects on the house unfortunately so it's a no. We want to be able to go there and relax without having to do work when on holiday. Needless to say that none of us are that good at DIY. The area was lovely though with lots of forest and streams so we'll keep looking. Thanks for your input on my wedding dress hunting link.

Just had a look at their website and really liked the dress in the centre. Maybe I should stop looking for dresses in Sweden and go back to the UK... Am I wrong in thinking that the wedding dresses are gernerally cheaper in Sweden?

I'll spend thursday and friday trying on dresses in Stockholm and see how it goes. There is money set aside in the budget for a proper dress (h2b parents are v generous) so it's not that but there is a limit for how much I think is justifiable. When looking for houses at the same time as a wedding dress you get a totally different perspective and not as easily carried away...

I'd love to meet with you both! It's just that I'm staying with a friend I havn't seen for a while and I don't think she would be v happy if I said that I was off to meet you guys. She has no current plans to get married so I must not talk too much wedding with her Perhaps some other time (I will be back early next year to collect the dress I haven't found yet...). I'd love to meet up in London if anyone is planning a trip soon.

I'm back in London and to my own amazement I've found a dress! Spent the whole of Thursday and Friday looking and almost gave up when the NK shop assistant suggested we went to Nordtalje. It's not at all what I had in mind - with staps, v-neck and trale but it looks really good on if I may say so myself. Think Robbin Hood and Marion but without the Medieval fealing. I'm so happy! Finally I can start thinking about the bridesmade dress, flowers, shous etc. How was Friday?

Terri - it's a Nixa, a brand I had disregarded at an early stage becacuse they all seems to be of satin. As you know, I don't want to spend too much on it as I rather get new diamont earlings...

It's such as releaf to get the dress problem out of the way. Not too fuzzed about what by b-maid wears as I was thinking to have flowers in ivory but maybe it's bad having it all in one colour apart from her dress?

Terri - It is NOT satin, sorry about the confusion. I was just heading off for lunch and in a rush

I was thinking to have ivory coloured flowers for me, b-maid and decoration of venue rather than them being the colour of my b-mail's dress. That means that her dress is the only colour splash. Is that a bad thing?

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?