Inlägg från: Mrs. 170307 |Visa alla inlägg
  • Mrs. 170307

Engelska brudar 2

Tree (and everyone else): Thank you so much!! Details will follow!! Just have to come home first and sort my mind and the pictures we have got so far!

But I can tell you all that much already: It was amazing!!! Absolutely brilliant! Perfect! Wonderful!

The ceremony was perfect! We cried, the guests cried, I was shaking and thought no one would see, until I saw the leaves and flowers in my bouquet shaking... The solo singer was so great!! The registrar said afterwards that this was the strangest ? but most wonderful - wedding he has ever been to and something he will never forget.

We had the pictures taken afterwards and it was freezing cold. I guess we will be blue on every picture that was taken outside. It didn't help that my husband (my HUSBAND, MY husband, MY HUSBAND!) forgot my jacket in the hotel but who cares?
    Someone had invited the local newspaper ? that was not the best surprise but ok, we gave an interview, they took some pictures?

The reception was perfect, too!! Everyone, no matter country or language, enjoyed themselves. Like the registrar, they had never been to a wedding like ours but they all enjoyed it, had fun, made new friends, just what we wanted!!

So, details will follow but first we have to come back to earth. Here are two pictures I got from one of the photographers:
    www.joliwed.info/bilder/simone_01.jpg
    www.joliwed.info/bilder/simone_02.jpg

Now we will see if it worked with changing my nick?
    Former: NuÄrDetDags, now I think: Mrs. 170307

• Mrs. 170307

Thank you again!!

I have opened a new thread for our story, where I will put the details.
    www.brollopstorget.se/Forum-1-23/m2178109.html

Nattson, yes, it really was a wonderful and perfect day!!

tree: I bought these Remington electrical heating things and they are perfect, easy to handle, even for me! I tried it myself some days before the wedding but on the wedding day the girl that made the make-up put them in (I was to busy with shivering, shaking and drinking champagne).

• Mrs. 170307

4:e Maj:
    Thank you!!
    We are getting there with the web site... Have added the first pictures, a guest book, some links and described the ceremony so far... But: Jon has not proof read anything yet and I didn't even use a spell checker so it is probably a bit weird here and there.

Ah, and yesterday we were in the newspaper. They have mixed some things up I think, e.g. the guest amount from Germany and England they mention and also the decoration had nothing to do with Harry Potter. And I wouldn't call what we live in a 'villa'. But never mind, it was quite funny:
    www.vf.se/%3A%2F%2Fwww.vf.se%2Fvf%2Fdocs%2Fvisa.asp%3FnyhetsID%3D0e55c9b0c55016780dcdffda5a7a93ad

• Mrs. 170307

Hi all! Back from our mini honeymoon - which was as perfect as the wedding itself! We had so much fun, the hotel was great, the sun was shining, we didn't want to leave.
    Hope you all are doing fine, we now have to try to get back to 'normal life'... Whatever that is...

Speckledust: Actually, it didn't take that long. Maybe 10-15 minutes.

• Mrs. 170307

Hanban: Thanks!!
    We went to Gothenburg from Friday to Monday and stayed at Hotel11. I have put some pictures and details on www.joliwed.info (which by the way still isn't proof read by my husband, a.k.a. lazy bum!).

• Mrs. 170307

tree: The funny thing is that as we got up on Friday to take the train to Gothenburg, spring was gone and it was snowing here!! During the night we had got more than one inch of snow on our spring flowers. So it was a big, positive surprise that the weather was beautiful as we arrived in Gothenburg (and that it stayed that way!).

Luckily our clients are patient with us so business wise we can go back to normal life in a relaxed way but, sure, we have to get there at some point. I think that it will all be 'over' the day we have all pictures and the thank you cards have been posted. There is still loads of wedding related stuff happening (pictures (and invoices) being sent to us, people calling/writing to thank US for a wonderful time,...). Today (10 days later) we got the papers about the name changing. I still haven't found a 'proper' way to sign with my new name but soon I will have to...

We are still like under a charm... When we talk to eachother we add 'husband' and 'wife' somewhere in every second sentence, we smile foolishly while staring at our rings,... Everyday life is still not here, yet.

Oh, I really hope that all of you have a so wonderful time when it is 'your turn'!

• Mrs. 170307

Oh, Tree, how exciting is that?! Congratulations!! Hope it won't be too much stress for you though?

We are in a similar situation. Today we visited our new house, which we will move into in about 5 weeks, for rent though (as my mum is the owner). Detached, 180kvm, 2 floors, 5 rooms (huge living room, dining room, guestroom, office and bedroom), 2 big anterooms (if that is a word) on each floor, 2 bathrooms, balcony, haven't got a clue about how big the garden is but it is big enough. Still in the same village (you remember ) but we have said: "Gothenburg, in two years (or so) we are coming!" After our visit to Stockholm J decided Gothenburg is nicer ? which has nothing to do with you. I think it was just the mixture of staying on a building site, loosing a tooth, no picture of the queen in the embassy,?

The first weeks as married woman have been wonderful but now we are slowly getting back to 'normal' life. I still can't write my Irish surname properly but well? Next week I will get the new Visa card, ID-card takes a bit longer? The photographer has not been able to finish our pictures yet but that only means the whole wedding thing will last longer. I say, it won't be 'over' til we have sent the thank you-cards?
    Am thinking of surprising my husband on our 1st monthly anniversary (if there is such a thing, otherwise I have to invent it), though I don't know with what yet. Maybe I wait til my birthday in May and then I kidnap him for a couple of days (can you kidnap your own husband? Na, he will follow me everywhere anyway)?

I am sure you will look fabulous with dress AND underskirt! And it will definitely be great fun to try it all on together with your bridesmaid(s)!

And yes, what is the rest of you up to? Have you all sorted your wedding favours and stuff?

• Mrs. 170307

Tree: Yes, it is quite huge but as you say, we spend almost 24/7 in the house and even if we have survived on the 90 kvm we have now we won't mind having 180 (and as my mum is the owner we pay less than half the rent, compared to now ).

The cleaning will probably be a problem. In Germany I had a nice cleaning lady that came once per week to clean the bathrooms and floors (and the windows once a month). Maybe we should look for something like that here too, even though it seems to be more unusual here than in Germany? We'll see.

J will get Canal+ in the new house (to the Viasat package we have now), so then he can watch both Champions and Premier League ? THAT is what he is looking forward to.

My advice: wait with the Hindersprövning til May. It is not as if the embassy is much to see, not even a picture of the queen.

4:e Maj: Wow, not long to go now!! I also thought I had the seating arrangement done in 15 minutes, but as I looked closer everything was 'wrong' and it took me another 3 hours.

Ups, have to go. Have to let in the technician in the new house so that he can install telephone. Read you all later!

• Mrs. 170307

Hi mjaumjau and welcome!

Well, you are not 'properly engaged' yet and I am already married so what are we doing here?! Hm, in my case, I just can't let go of all the nice brides 2 b.

Don't know where you got that average amount from, to me that sounds very, very, very unusual. We also kept a low budget - got everything we wanted the way we wanted it for about £5,000...

Happy planning!

• Mrs. 170307

Oh, 4:e Maj: Another name for England is 'Rip-off Country' but I always thought that is just when it comes to hotels and cars... Well, as we also had to pay £100 in the English embassy in Stockholm it might also include wedding related stuff...

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2