• jojo02

Engelska brudar 2

Hello all.

I was so happy to see this thread. I need help to compose our invitations in English.
    Have lived in the UK for 10 years (back in Sweden now) but have never been to a wedding and have no idea what to write. Don't like the suggestions I've found here. Want to keep it light and casual just as we have on our Swedish invitations.
    Would something like this work:?

Guest name & guest name

We would be delighted if you wanted to join us in the celebrations of our wedding day and our thirties birthdays.

We will get married in xxx church on Saturday xxx aug at 15.30

After the ceremony you are welcome to celebrate with us with food and dancing.

What do you think, would this work???

• jojo02

My question mark, turned in to weird little guy..........

• jojo02

Nu är det dags: would love suggestions. As I said not the kind of English I'm used to write. But if you want a flight itinerary round the world, I'm your girl :)

Vår svenska inbjudan lyder:

gäst naman & gäst namn
    Välkommen till vårt bröllop
    och gemensam 30 års fest

Vi gifter oss i Linköpings domkyrka lördagen den 18/8-07 kl 15.30

Plats,,, osv......

• jojo02

Tree and Nuärdetdags: Thanks for help and feedback.

The things is it's not our birthdays on that day, we will just take the opportunity to celebrate when family and friends are all gathered.
    Could I just ad the word party after your suggestion? Also, is the word marriage what you use, instead of ceremony? To me it sounds strange. Could I use ceremony, or will that be weird?

Like this:

Name & Name,
    We would like to welcome you
    to our wedding,
    which is also our shared 30th birthday PARTY!

The CEREMONY will take place on the XXX at 3:30 pm in XXX.

We would really appreciate you being there and sharing this day with us.

Thanks again. :)

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2