• 4:e Maj
    Äldre 26 Feb 19:18
    52441 visningar
    377 svar

Engelska brudar 2

Hello everyone!

Terri - Sorry to read about the postage issue. Don't want to worry you too much but return to sender can take weeks (no expert on the Swedish postal system by the way). Perhaps best phoning a couple of people over the next few days to see if they've received anything.

We posted ours last Friday and have so far only had 1 RSVP, a bit poor I think but then I'm the bride. Guess it's a bit naive thinking people were going to ring and say how beacutiful they were...

Two people have bought gifts from our list which is exciting (I get an e-mail each time it happend, great when you are bored at work).

Was going to come home this weekend to finalise the house purchase but there where a few issued with the survey done this afternoon so mum is going to insist on the price being dropped. I'll keep you updated.

Äldre 27 Feb 14:13

NuÄrDetDags (snart Mrs. 170307) - Not long to go, how exciting! I either re-gift or take unwanted items to the charity shop, can't be helped. I have a re-gifting box under the bed where unwanted items goes. A bit mean yes but I wouldn't know what to do with what in my oppinion is crap. My sister have a look in it every now and then to see if there is anything she likes. H2b's cousin lets me have a look in hers as long as I don't re-gift it to their side of the family. So far, no one has asked to see their gift. If they do, I'll just say that the thing unfortunately broke and how sorry I'm.

Does anyone have any suggestion where in London I should go for a pink knee long bridesmades dress? I've done all the big Oxford Street department stores, Laura Ashley, M&S, Lk Bennett etc and getting a bit fed up.

Äldre 27 Feb 16:41

tree - thanks. Found a nice dress on the Debenham's website which I went to look at on Saturday. It was unfortunately not as nice in real life...
    There is a lovely one at Monsoon but a little bit price at £160 - wasn't planning to spending more than £100 (she is 13 so we are paying). She is getting a Tiffany's bracelet as a present.

I put post-it notes with names on items I plan to re-gift to avoid any embarrasment. Got my mum to start a box to and hers is almost full...

Äldre 27 Feb 16:42

I strongly suspect that some of our guests that have book flight tickets beleive that there is no need to RSVP.

Äldre 27 Feb 16:44

Miss Cyckel - Welcome!

I'm Swedish but have lived in London for the last 10 years!

Äldre 27 Feb 18:24

Miss Cykel:
    We are getting married in the Swedish church in Marlyebone and the reception will be at Kenwood House in Hampstead.

Can't think of any other places for cards apart from those that excists online. Then there is of course Paperchase accross the road from Confetti but 'only' sell the paper. We ended up having ours printed as I didn't find any DIY stuff I liked (done by one of the graphic designers at work!). It might be worth a trip to John Lewis.

Äldre 27 Feb 18:30

No we are not all Swedish although I am

Äldre 27 Feb 18:44

We have a new member, Speckledust, who is also English. Think Terri (correct me if I'm wrong) was originally looking for other British brides to chat with in her native langugage and a few of us marrying british guys saw it and asked if we could join in.

Äldre 28 Feb 13:13

28julibruden - Welcome! Had a look at Coast at John Lewis and thought they were not bad actually. Have they got a website as I have so far been unable to find one?

Äldre 28 Feb 16:30

Great news! More than I've got so far...

Svar på tråden Engelska brudar 2