Inlägg från: NuÄrDetDags |Visa alla inlägg
  • NuÄrDetDags

Engelska bruda?

Unfortunately we don't live near Stockholm, Karlstad is closer. More precisely: Grums (but I don't mind if you never heard about that ;) ).

When we have got some things better sorted (like a certain wedding) we are planing to move to a bigger city. For someone coming from a lively pub culture this is almost a prison. ;)

• NuÄrDetDags

future mrs B: THAT is good to know! We are in London about two times per year! But next time won't be before the wedding though...

• NuÄrDetDags

Yes, terri, Karlstad is Värmland, not Skåne.

"Can we not meet somewhere in the middle (my h2b shouts from the office)? Not that we mind travelling." :D

Funny, we were talking about going to Stockholm at some point (we were actually disappointed about that we only need to go to Gothenburg for this English hindersprövning thingy :)).

• NuÄrDetDags

Hehe, that's one of the reason we don't have bridemaids.

• NuÄrDetDags

No problem at all, terri. That's why I don't like "chatting in real time" - I am too slow and get confused after about 1 minute. :)

Yes, mountains sound good but after more than 20 years in Germany my knowledge of Swedish geographic isn't too good (hardly existing, actually ;)) so then I need more details. :D

• NuÄrDetDags

May this year (I am 31 years old so now you know which part of my life I didn't spend here :D).

• NuÄrDetDags

Well, Sweden is my home country and it was about time to come back! As a freelancer I can work where I like it, as long as I have my laptop.

No, I met Jon in an online chat, he in England and me in Germany.

We did kind of a rush thing: we wanted to be together, to him it didn't matter where and I wanted back to Sweden. My parents sorted a small house here (where they live) so that's how we ended up here. Though, I'd rather call it a "short stop", to get everything sorted, to see if my h2b likes it (he does!), to get especially his company up and running (as mine was already established), things like that.

But no mountains as far as I can see. :D A lot of water though.

And what is with you? How did you end up in wonderful Sweden?

• NuÄrDetDags

Yes, we also call it 'romantic' - my friends first called it 'crazy'. :D But they have got used to it. We stay in contact. We have a superb telephone provider here (Devicom). I think we pay 17 öre or sth for calls to England or Germany so it is ok. I don't miss it. In fact, I never felt so well in my whole life. :D

Yes, I know the "we can't afford it because of the wedding" thing. :) That's just the way it is... But it is not that we are starving or something we just have to cut back bigger expenses like going to England again on Christmas.

I think, I miss England more than my h2b. :D Even before him I went there twice or three times per year - now he says "that is boring, can't we go somewhere else?". :D

• NuÄrDetDags

Yes, that might be true - it is probably my German influence that make me say what I feel. :D No, that is actually not possible, that would also be paradox.

We have a funny story, even before we met I knew it is going to be him. As a kid I told my mum I would once get married to an English or Irish guy with "Mc" in his name and he would owe a castle (must have read soemthing like that). Well, years passed by, also men did and my mum kept saying (actually until last year) "You can't wait for that English bloke with his castle to come, see that you find someone nice before it is too late" (with to late she means grandkids). I used to laugh and say "I know he will come my way".

Imagine my surprise as I, after I already fell in love, got to know his last name, McM*! And as I told him about this "dream" he got quite for a moment and said "hm, I am half English and half Irish, my name starts with Mc but I don't have a castle.... On the other hand, i almost grew up in a pub called 'The Castle'..."

I mean, was it meant to be or not?! :D

Svar på tråden Engelska bruda?