• Michael

American Sverige Wedding -Need Venue Ideas

Hey Hey!

I am engaged to a wonderful Swedish woman and am starting to look for a wedding venue in Sweden and need some suggestions from you.

The Facts:
    -I am American living in Los Angeles California.
    -My fiancé lives here in Los Angeles but she was born and raised in Höga Kusten Sweden.
    -We are planning for August 2015
    -We both love nature and the sea.
    -Neither of us are religious so we don't want a church for a venue.
    -We both would love something that has the feeling of nature (mountains, ocean, etc)
    -The wedding party will be about 50 people
    -We are ok with having the reception and the wedding in the same place
    -Hotel accommodations near wedding venue would be nice
    -Having the wedding in the High Coast may be too far to make people drive. So I think having the wedding within 1 hours drive from Stockholm would make it easy for the guests. We are not 100% set on this. 

• Svar på tråden American Sverige Wedding -Need Venue Ideas
  • Chicita

This is not one hour drive from Stockholm unfortunatly . But it is gorgeous!

Just to get you another option
    Mountains in Stockholm is really not that common and 1 hour from Stockholm is mostly flat land (Mälardalen for exampel) 

www.copperhill.se/

• Fia88

Hi Michael,

Would possiby Görvälns Slott be something for you to have a look at.
    I haven't been there for weddings but their afternoon tea is to die for.
    It is located inside a preserve and is on the edge of Lake Mälaren.

www.gorvalnsslott.se/en/
    Good Luck!!! <3

• annisa

Hi Michael,

There's this venue called Wik Event in Upplands Väsby, about 20 miles north of Stockholm (it's between Arlanda and Stockholm). I'm actually getting the venue myself for my wedding. They have 3 different venues you can choose from, one of them overlooks a lake. All 3 venues can accomodate 50 people, and they don't take any fee for the venue if you also use their catering service.
    http://wikevent.se/ 

Good luck :)

Svar på tråden American Sverige Wedding -Need Venue Ideas