• want to marry in Stockholm

any church to recommend for wedding?

Hi, everyone !

I am new to Stockholm for my master program study. I do not know Swedish, so I have to ask in English...

it is a so beautiful place that my boy friend and me want to get married here in summer 2016 when I am graduated from school. we are both Christina from China, so we want a wedding in church.
    we also need a restaurant in walking distance from church because there will be some guests from other countries. 
    Do you have any recommends ?  for church and restaurant? 

Besides, I wonder if I need the marriage license from tax department ? 

Thank you so mcuh !!!  looking forward to your answer. 

• Svar på tråden any church to recommend for wedding?
  • Aniara4

There are so many churches, it's hard to suggest one. You could start locally, find out what parish you belong to geographically and ask there. If you are not a member of the church (which I guess you're not) you will have to pay for a wedding. Maybe you can become members before you get married?

Other than that, what preferences do you have? How many guests? Do you want a big impressive church or a small intimate one? Same for the restaurant - how many guests, do you want it to be exclusive or affordable, do you want to book tables at a regular restaurant or do you want a party venue separate from other guests?

As for marriage licence, you will definitely need one and I don't know how difficult it will be to get. You will probably have to get some papers from China too. The embassy should be able to help you with that information!

• want to marry in Stockholm

thank you so much for your reply!  

There may be 20-30 guests. 
    so I want a small and simple-decorated church. as for restaurant, we would prefer a separated venue where people can walk around casually. 

and now I am living in lappis where is near from Stockholm University..to be honest, I have no idea about the place, because I am not very familiar with the location.. but maybe it is nearer from Stockholm University, it is better.. 

I am willing to become a member of church.

So now maybe now my task is to find a appropriate church asking for the requirements for wedding and then go to embassy for the legal documents ?

could you please give me any advice according to upon description ? 

Thank you again !!

• Aniara4

Oh I know who you can ask! There is a "University Church" that holds simple weekday services and are available for counseling. There is a room for religious services on campus, but I think it's probably too simple for even a low-key wedding. But you should ask the priest there:
    www.universitetskyrkanstockholm.se/helena.php
    www.universitetskyrkanstockholm.se/english.php

The Engelbrekt church (which I think is the parish the university area belongs to) is maybe a bit too big, but there is also a church in Hjorthagen which looks quite nice. I doubt that there are any good restaurants nearby though, but perhaps you could all go to Värtahamnen and get on a 23-hour cruise to Finland instead! Skrattande

Svar på tråden any church to recommend for wedding?